Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 01:02 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times

Advertisements

Obama's approval will always be better than this congress with the worst approval rating they have ever had and main reason why is it low republicans derailing everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 01:37 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You and Tracey needed to hear it again, obviously.

Pot, meet kettle.

You refuse to acknowledge, even when it's mentioned in the linked article, that this may affect other Democrats who are facing elections.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:16 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Obama's approval will always be better than this congress with the worst approval rating they have ever had and main reason why is it low republicans derailing everything
Thank goodness for the Tea Party. The GOP actually got a little steel in their spine to stand up to Obama.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:37 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,332,972 times
Obama will be remembered for some good things, such as healthcare reform, but he will also be remembered for having the highest bought of unemployment experienced since the 1930s. In future times I believe the American people will have very polarized viewpoints of him.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:15 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Obama will be remembered for some good things, such as healthcare reform, but he will also be remembered for having the highest bought of unemployment experienced since the 1930s. In future times I believe the American people will have very polarized viewpoints of him.
On what planet do you live that you characterize his "health care reform" as a good thing? Obamacare is singularly unpopular among the American people. It is hardly going to be remembered as some sort of success. What it will be is the reason the Democrats lose the Senate.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
On what planet do you live that you characterize his "health care reform" as a good thing? Obamacare is singularly unpopular among the American people. It is hardly going to be remembered as some sort of success. What it will be is the reason the Democrats lose the Senate.
I was able to purchase a healthcare plan from Humana through Healthcare.gov that covered a surgery I just had last week. There is no pre-existing clause attached to the policy and I will be able to get the negotiated rate and I'll be able to use it to set up a payment plan and for post operative care. Prior to 2014 such a policy would never have existed for me. Even my last place of employment had a pre-existing condition clause latched onto their group health insurance plan. Without insurance the hospital would have refused to even admit me for surgery.

You Republicans need to get over the fact that our old healthcare system that left millions of sick Americans such as myself to suffer is DEAD and will never come back. Obama's healthcare reform has provided millions of Americans with access to affordable insurance. The GOP's continued fits and tantrums about millions of Americans having affordable access to healthcare is what will cost them future elections. I can't wait to see a GOP candidate try for the presidency on the pledge that they will take away health insurance from the more than 7 million (and growing) Americans who have acquired high quality coverage through Obama's reform. They won't get elected.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:26 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I was able to purchase a healthcare plan from Humana through Healthcare.gov that covered a surgery I just had last week. There is no pre-existing clause attached to the policy and I will be able to get the negotiated rate and I'll be able to use it to set up a payment plan and for post operative care. Prior to 2014 such a policy would never have existed for me. Even my last place of employment had a pre-existing condition clause. Without insurance the hospital would have refused to even admit me for surgery.

You Republicans need to get over the fact that our old healthcare system that left millions of sick Americans such as myself to suffer is DEAD and will never come back. Obama's healthcare reform has provided millions of Americans with access to affordable insurance. The GOP's continued fits and tantrums about millions of Americans having affordable access to healthcare is what will cost them future elections. I can't wait to see a GOP candidate try for the presidency on the pledge that they will take away health insurance from the more than 7 million (and growing) Americans who have acquired high quality coverage through Obama's reform. They won't get elected.
If it's so great, why is your hero delaying it over and over again?

And it's not my responsibility or the government's responsibility to pay for your health care. You have a sad story, but you are responsible to take care of yourself. Just because you can't doesn't mean I or anyone else should have to subsidize you.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If it's so great, why is your hero delaying it over and over again?

And it's not my responsibility or the government's responsibility to pay for your health care. You have a sad story, but you are responsible to take care of yourself. Just because you can't doesn't mean I or anyone else should have to subsidize you.
You didn't subsidize me. I paid full price for the plan. I received no subsidize whatsoever.

And yes, I know that millions of right wing American's just like yourself would much prefer it for the sick and poor of society to just die. Well tough ****! Your barbaric desires are done with.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:31 PM

26,457 posts, read 15,053,236 times
It is ridiculous how fans of Barack OBreezey quickly divert away from his poor numbers - like they do for his constant lies, hypocrisies, adopting of Bush policies that he campaigned against, etc... Anything for their shepherd.

At least they are right on one thing, he is super cool.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is ridiculous how fans of Barack OBreezey quickly divert away from his poor numbers - like they do for his constant lies, hypocrisies, adopting of Bush policies that he campaigned against, etc... Anything for their shepherd.

At least they are right on one thing, he is super cool.
It is even more ridiculous that people on the right love to point to Obama's low numbers as proof that Americans are turning against him without also acknowledging that Congressional Rs are less popular by a wide margin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies