Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Life appears to be tough for you.

I was lucky it wasn't a stinky boozer that walked in or I would have lost it

but really!!!! I feel for those poor patrons that had to endure the smell of pot in that barber shop.. mean while a booze head grounds a plane screws up hundreds of peoples connecting flights and no body is whining... it figures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 09:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I was lucky it wasn't a stinky boozer that walked in or I would have lost it

but really!!!! I feel for those poor patrons that had to endure the smell of pot in that barber shop.. mean while a booze head grounds a plane screws up hundreds of peoples connecting flights and no body is whining... it figures
What the f are you jabbering about? Oh wait your high........enjoy brother.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:39 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What the f are you jabbering about? Oh wait your high........enjoy brother.

straight as you no booze since last April, no pot for almost 6 months, and I absolutely do no prescription drugs of any kind...

you really must be bored..

Old 03-14-2014, 09:46 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
smells are smells !!! I don't care if it is sweat crap or pot, perfumes, colognes or some other.. if it stinks it stinks. what smells good to someone might stink to someone else that how it goes.. in the eye of the nose beholds..
That is very true! I can't stand the smell of most perfumes (plus I'm allergic to the majority), olives, fish, and a whole bunch of flowers some folks think are wonderful. And just the other day, I had to ride somewhere in a non-smoker colleague's car... she picked me up RIGHT after I'd smoked a cig, so I apologized for smelling and forgetting to use my fruity body spray. She was like "I actually prefer the smell of your tobacco, since the body spray is too artificial - and cigarette smells remind me of my awesome host family in Japan." Same thing happened with another colleague once, who said my stinky car gave her fond memories of riding around with her smoker parents as a child. So even the "most offensive smell ever" (according to many) isn't unpleasant to everyone.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:51 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
As for the actual topic, since this doesn't really fall under "protected class status," the business owner can do as he pleases... I guess the medical excuse could be used, but that would definitely be a stretch. If this barber shop were a pizza place or bakery, though, I'd call him the stupidest business owner alive!

I smoke both pot & cigarettes, btw, and only ever get comments/complaints about the latter. Most people don't even notice the pot smell unless it was JUST smoked, and those who do notice usually think it's fairly pleasant. Occasionally I'll go shopping after a toke, and just get a wink and "smells good" from the random passerby. Hard for me to judge honestly, though, since I'm an insider on both counts.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Again, most people who smoke pot are not going to smell of it. If you use edibles you won't smell of it either. I can really only think of one person who ever smelled like pot and that was a guy growing plants in his closet...where he still kept his shirts.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Again, most people who smoke pot are not going to smell of it. If you use edibles you won't smell of it either. I can really only think of one person who ever smelled like pot and that was a guy growing plants in his closet...where he still kept his shirts.
You are full of poop. If you smoke pot you will smell like it. It isn't rocket science. Why do you potheads argue about it as if you don't smell like weed. YOU DO.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
As for the actual topic, since this doesn't really fall under "protected class status," the business owner can do as he pleases... I guess the medical excuse could be used, but that would definitely be a stretch. If this barber shop were a pizza place or bakery, though, I'd call him the stupidest business owner alive!

I smoke both pot & cigarettes, btw, and only ever get comments/complaints about the latter. Most people don't even notice the pot smell unless it was JUST smoked, and those who do notice usually think it's fairly pleasant. Occasionally I'll go shopping after a toke, and just get a wink and "smells good" from the random passerby. Hard for me to judge honestly, though, since I'm an insider on both counts.
Oh so your another pothead who thinks nobody can smell it? What a shock. How do you get the the store.........under the influence it appears.......nice work. Or I should say pathetic work. I used to have some respect for you...........no longer.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:44 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
awesome!! good for them

Old 03-14-2014, 10:45 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

pot smells like shi*, can smell it from a mile away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies