Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:44 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,755,128 times

Advertisements

Isn't he the one that signed NAFTA into law and gave Amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants when he was President? I find it weird that his wife is running for President, was pro-Amnesty and found that the voters didn't like that and switch to an anti-Amnesty stance.... I find it weird that the Clinton family has been the opposite of society's sentiment on Amnesty and job security before it became an issue, yet nobody ever talks about it. She is running higher in polls then other candidates... Do we forget that easy what happened only eight years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 05:51 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,570,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Isn't he the one that signed NAFTA into law and gave Amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants when he was President? I find it weird that his wife is running for President, was pro-Amnesty and found that the voters didn't like that and switch to an anti-Amnesty stance.... I find it weird that the Clinton family has been the opposite of society's sentiment on Amnesty and job security before it became an issue, yet nobody ever talks about it. She is running higher in polls then other candidates... Do we forget that easy what happened only eight years ago?
hum? Interesting stuff.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:59 PM

640 posts, read 459,025 times
A lot of liberals conveniently forget a lot of things about Bill and Hillary Clinton. Like Travelgate. Remember that? Seven longtime White House employees were fired by the Clintons and they hired their friends to handle travel arrangements and business expenses. The FBI got involved. They had to re-hire the employees in other positions. It was a mess! They are two of the THE MOST crooked people in America.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:06 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,755,128 times
I remember that! How easy we forget...

Old 12-04-2007, 06:35 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,298,528 times
Quote:
Gee, I dunnow. Maybe Bill Clinton isn't running for President, and maybe his views aren't 100% with Hillary's?

FACTS:

The last sweeping "amnesty" bill was 1986, when "bestest Republican President in the whole world," Ronnie Reagan, was President.

Bill Clinton signed a border crackdown bill in 1996.

When oh WHEN will you people stop trying to deflect everything onto Bill Clinton, when the very precedent for "amnesty" was signed by your boy Reagan?

Old 12-04-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I remember that! How easy we forget...
Yup. The Clintons had just barely moved in and they began their underhanded way. And amnesty will be granted to illegals under Hillary, no doubt about it. While I do think that minor children who are attending public schools should be afforded the same education as anyone else while they ARE here, we should still be rounding up the parents and sending them home. Yes, the kids have to go also. But only if mom and dad are sent back. (Sorry, I still believe they deserve education )

Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Gee, I dunnow. Maybe Bill Clinton isn't running for President, and maybe his views aren't 100% with Hillary's?

FACTS:

The last sweeping "amnesty" bill was 1986, when "bestest Republican President in the whole world," Ronnie Reagan, was President.

When oh WHEN will you people stop trying to deflect everything onto Bill Clinton, when the very precedent for "amnesty" was signed by your boy Reagan?
Yes, I think it's fair to assume (I know what assume means) that Bill and Hillary feel the same ~ think the same; why else would she throw his name around like she does?

And let's get all the facts out about "Ronnie" ~

In 1986, there were about 2.5 million illegal aliens in the U.S. who Congress and the Reagan administration regarded as being “safe” – that is, not having committed serious crimes or otherwise being dangerous, and having sufficient ties to American life to be allowed to remain here. Many members of Congress, chiefly Democratic members, regarded the amnesty of these illegal aliens a sine qua non of any attempt to reform our immigration laws. Reagan recognized this, and, being the optimist that he was, saw something humane and profitable in affording this relatively small group of illegal aliens legal status.

In exchange for legal status for the group, Reagan insisted that the magnet attracting illegal aliens to the United States be removed by extinguishing any incentive for U.S. employers to hire illegal aliens. In tandem with the amnesty, Reagan campaigned for employer sanctions for hiring illegal aliens, sanctions so stringent that many at the time regarded them as draconian.

Reagan reasoned that if an employer were fined for hiring an illegal alien (as much as $1 million in the worst cases), any payroll savings achieved by the hiring would be wiped out by the fine. In effect, it would be more expensive to hire illegal aliens than to hire Americans or lawful permanent residents. The few illegal aliens who continued to take the gamble and cross the border would be intercepted by a robust and more generously funded Border Patrol.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,862,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Thank god that border crackdown worked, otherwise we might have millions of illegal aliens living here

Old 12-04-2007, 07:52 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,388,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thank god that border crackdown worked, otherwise we might have millions of illegal aliens living here
He did not want to crack down on it otherwise he would not have given amnesty 3 times d to illegals during his Presidency!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,862,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
He did not want to crack down on it otherwise he would not have given amnesty 3 times d to illegals during his Presidency!!!
Yeah, I know.. it was a sarcastic remark..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies