Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 01:44 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What makes me angry is how marginalized black conservative are by the MSM. The liberal media makes it look like there are only a very few black conservatives, and they are portrayed as Oreos, uncle toms, sellouts, etc.
When actually there are many bright, courageous, and exciting black conservatives that need to get more media time and exposure.

I imagine many blacks are just as fed up with our broken dysfunctional government, and would benefit by seeing more open and controversial political debate within the black community - not just the same old, same old, Democrat line.
I am black. Black conservatives are not marginalized lol. MSM includes Fox news and they feature black conservatives. Also, black people do have traditionally black media outlets, primarily radio and those outlets feature black conservatives as well, including Ben Carson even Clarence Thomas and practically all of the main black conservatives you know about amongst other lesser known ones.

There are many bright black people in general. There are many black people in general who are fed up with government across all political lines.

You should step out of the MSM trap and get to know some black people and this is not meant to mean in regards to your comments, but all black people are not Democrats and are not liberals and don't follow everything that Al Sharpton says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Ben Carson On The Power Of The Mind | RealBenCarson.com

Thought this was a cool find. I recommend everyone watch it, regardless of political persuasion (its not about politics at all). The more and more I hear this man talk the more I admire him.

He's a pretty great human being.
It is too bad that you had never heard much of him before. He has been well known by black people for many years.

Funny how so many people have all the sudden "discovered" Dr. Carson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 01:47 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
If Carson runs and gets the nominee, Hillary can't accuse him of being a sexist because Carson could accuse her of being racist. He probably wouldn't do that though because he's a man of honor, but it certainlyput lliberals I a tough spot.

Like I said, Carson is like their cryptonite. They have no ammo against him.
I strongly back the idea of the GOP nominating Carson, but probably for different reasons...

Old 03-13-2014, 02:40 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am black. Black conservatives are not marginalized lol. MSM includes Fox news and they feature black conservatives. Also, black people do have traditionally black media outlets, primarily radio and those outlets feature black conservatives as well, including Ben Carson even Clarence Thomas and practically all of the main black conservatives you know about amongst other lesser known ones.

There are many bright black people in general. There are many black people in general who are fed up with government across all political lines.

You should step out of the MSM trap and get to know some black people and this is not meant to mean in regards to your comments, but all black people are not Democrats and are not liberals and don't follow everything that Al Sharpton says.

It is too bad that you had never heard much of him before. He has been well known by black people for many years.

Funny how so many people have all the sudden "discovered" Dr. Carson.
I'm white and I knew about him for a long time, my Church used to play some of his videos, not the political kind, just the videos like the one I linked to where its about medicine and trusting God. I just wasn't aware that he had political plans until recently.

Who cares if people just '' discovered '' him?. What's wrong with that? I do think its a shame that he doesn't get much attention in the mainstream media, aside from FOX that is. Its due to the liberal bias and there fear of him, they have no ammo to attack him with like other conservatives so instead they just try to ignore him and brush him under the rug.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Geez...I'm not half as successful as this Carson clown. I don't have an iota of his money and fame...yet I'm happy as a man can possibly be.

This guy has lived the American Dream, and yet he sees monsters around every corner.

Oh well...he's officially went off the deep end with this one. Good luck Dr Carson. SMH

Old 03-13-2014, 02:49 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Dr. Carson must worry a lot of Democrats. If he didn't he would not get this much attention.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Dr. Carson must worry a lot of Democrats. If he didn't he would not get this much attention.
We're trembling.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:21 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We're trembling.
Your Obamacare should have that covered if you've got the $6k deductible.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Your Obamacare should have that covered if you've got the $6k deductible.
Well..one thing for sure.. you don't have it.

Anyway, go drink a bottle of pickle juice or something.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:30 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No the media will destroy anybody they don't like in hopes of somebody getting nominated who can't win. that is what they do. They have already started in on Christie...........who is next?
Apparently, Ben Carson. It's too bad because he's really a good person, with an amazing story. Maybe he felt the government is crazy now because since he spoke out about the government, he's been audited by the IRS for the first time ever, probably received many threats, had to drop out of giving an invocation speech at Johns Hopkins University, where he was director of pediatric neurosurgery, because a group of students protested after he made comments about his feelings on same-sex marriage.

One thing Carson said that really struck me is that more people with science backgrounds should get into politics instead of lawyers because scientists are trained in finding solutions to problems whereas lawyers are trained to win at all costs. He's absolutely right about that.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:33 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Carson not getting enough attention in the liberal media = Democrats are afraid of him.

Carson getting too much attention in the liberal media = Democrats are afraid of him.

OK then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies