Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 09:13 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Swagger Quote:
"Both Ares Armor locations were raided today, in violation of a court order. This could get interesting"

That action probably seals the deal on the legality of the 80% receivers being legal. Too bad. That was a real good work around like the Slidefire or Fostech.
The raid signals that BATFE really want's to know where those receivers are and who has them. Just like the CZ sub kits they went after.
I hope Ares Armor comes out all right over all this. I've known a bunch of guys and small outfits who got under the BATFE eye. Some came out alright and others lost it all.
BATFE agents know they arn't liked and accept it as part of the job. They don't do anything they get paid to do that is popular with the citizens. They're either taking your guns, liqueur, cigarettes or cherry bombs.

I'm not much interested in rehashing the Weaver incident or the Koresh fiasco. But Swagger, please keep us posted on the latest of whats actually happening. Actually I guess I could just go on "High Road" and get the latest.
A raid does not mean anything is illegal, all it means is someone at the BATF has an itchy trigger finger.

I saw a picture of a prototype receivers where the 80% receiver was cast clear, it looks like the only way the receiver could have been made was to cast the receiver around the plug (legal), not cut the receiver then poor the plug (illegal).

I'll be waiting for actual charges to be filed and someone to be found guilty, which I would out money on not happening.

The BATF took customer info, so if someone purchased one of these and the BATF contacts you, remember this sound piece of advice, don't say anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 09:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

The BATF took customer info, so if someone purchased one of these and the BATF contacts you, remember this sound piece of advice, don't say anything.

Sir, why would I need to buy those pieces of junk, when I can mill the real thing in my Bridgeport.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:31 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sir, why would I need to buy those pieces of junk, when I can mill the real thing in my Bridgeport.
Some people do to have a Bridgeport, these are much more user friendly for those without a machine shop.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:06 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
Swagger, has your friend offered any opinion whatsoever regarding these raids! I understand that Ares purchased the polymer lowers from EP and that they were raided but are now back to business as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I have one of their 80% polymer lowers - it was given to me by a friend of mine, who is also one of Ares' attorneys. As far as I know, he's not working on this case (he typically only deals with civil litigation), but I've asked him to keep me updated if he hears anything he's able to relay.

I was actually in San Diego over the weekend, doing some tech stuff for my friend. We were going to visit Ares on Sunday so I could check them out and give them some support over the issue they're having with the city and their sign, but the work I was doing ran long and I didn't have enough time.

If I hear anything interesting that isn't already widely known, I'll come back and post it.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:24 PM

687 posts, read 1,377,180 times
Even if the receivers are molded around the white plug the ATF could rule that they are "readily convertible" to firearms so they must be regulated the same as a firearm. The white part does not seem to be chemically bonded to the rest of the receiver in a permanent way so the ATF could say it is the equivalent of a breakaway part of the mold.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
Even if the receivers are molded around the white plug the ATF could rule that they are "readily convertible" to firearms so they must be regulated the same as a firearm. The white part does not seem to be chemically bonded to the rest of the receiver in a permanent way so the ATF could say it is the equivalent of a breakaway part of the mold.
That was my thought from the start.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
so they must be regulated the same as a firearm.

I didn't see the spot in the US Constitution, where We The People, allow any government to "regulate arms"

Actually, I see specific wording, that is suppose to prevent any limitations. Shall not be infringed, does not mean maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies