Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 07:01 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73
Again, someone having sex with your daughter is not illegal the hour of the night is not illegal. Sure I'd be very upset with my daughter, but the idea that I'd say well boy I have to beat you now, is some ole fake movie tv type stuff. I tell that young get the f out of my house asap sure, but get a gun and shoot him, beat him up for what my daughter voluntarily did? No.

You are thinking backwards. The teenage boy behaved normally, sneaking into a girls home to have sex you my think wrong, but in the context of American society that is normal behavior for American teens.

Shooting an unarmed teen is not normal behavior, in this case darwin lost, the crazy one is the guy with the gun shooting unarmed teens.
So you can have legal sex with a 16 year old?

Old 03-13-2014, 07:02 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Stupid teenagers. Poor girl lied to her dad about not knowing the guy, and he reacted. He certainly shouldn't have shot the kid, but I wasn't there so I have no idea the situation. Let that be a lesson to teenagers everywhere - don't sneak into some girl's bedroom with her parents present; and for God's sake, be honest if a guy with a gun is standing over you demanding answers! But really, was that father shooting at someone in the same bed as his daughter? What if he'd missed and killed her? What an idiot. Hopefully he'll never shoot another gun in his life.

"Poor girl"?

Why?

She lied and a boy is dead.

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
hard cases make bad law--OW Holmes.

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The thing is though my kids respected the rules of the house...
As far as you know.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,293,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Once again. I never said the shooting was just or right.
2 am unknown person in your house. Daughter (according to police) told dad she didn't know the teen.
The teen is not normal. Most of us never snuck into someones home at 2 am to tag their girl friend. Most of us had a place to sneak off too away from our parents. At least where I lived. In fact my younger brother was the only one of us to ever shag a girl in our parents house. I guess country people have more sense than to tempt the ire of a girls dad.
As I said before. 2 am in my house? Oh there is going to be a bad moment for any jerk who disrespects my home like that. My daughter would lose the cell phone, the car and any freedom for a while after that. The thing is though my kids respected the rules of the house and never put me in such a position. I would say the parents failed in the case of both teens.
You can believe whatever you want.

Here is what I know. Teens have sex, Teens have sex while their parents are in the house. Teens sneak their girlfriends or boyfriends in the house. There is no justification for those incidents to end in violence.

If you take a gun to your daughters room and kill an unarmed teen, it is in your insane best interest to lie through your teeth about everything. Hey it's your daughter who was a witness get her to toe the line, and hey the only person who knows is dead.

Then you get people saying I basically understand why the dad did it, the kid is stupid, it was 2am, he was banging the man's daughter, he deserved it.

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Did I say someone cared? Nope, but my posts are more logical, but carry on with your personal insults.
No personal insult was intended. To be honest I can't fathom anyone justifying or excusing a teen sneaking into another person's home at 2 am. I can't imagine any father saying. "Oh well I did that too when I was that age."
You don't believe the home owner, his daughter or any of the events. How do you know what happened? Were you there?
Now I know growing up we all knew how our friends parents were. We all knew that sneaking in your girls house late at night was a great way to risk an azz whooping. Maybe it wouldn't have happened, but we worried that it would.
I don't know where you grew up, but where I was raised you would never sneak into a girl's room at 2 am. First of all your own parents might take a dim view of you sneaking out, second the girls parents would make sure you never came within a mile of their daughter again. You just worried they would find out. You believed they would find out. So you took it elsewhere. less risk, more time and better odds for repeat.
What logic? That because you may have done something that it's normal for all?
I grew up on a farm and delivered calves, but I don't believe that is normal for all kids in America.
Sex or wanting sex is. Sneaking into other peoples homes at 2 am is not.

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What, do you actually think this guy will go to jail? I doubt very much he'll even be indicted by a grand jury. In his mind he was protecting his daughter. Hopefully they'll make sure he never has the right to own a gun though, and I'm pretty sure he's going to get sued by the boy's parents.

The old "He's coming right for us!" defense?

Old 03-13-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you can have legal sex with a 16 year old?
You keep asking that question. It is irrelevant. But you go run with it.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You think the father shot the young man just for sneaking in his house and having sex with his underage daughter ?
Yeah.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:07 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The old "He's coming right for us!" defense?
Not in many states. Many States law assumes anyone in your home at night is there to do you harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies