Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times

Advertisements

I don't know how anyone can defend the girl or the father. The girl let the boy in through the back door. The boy was hiding under the bed. If anyone had a least a average IQ the boy would have just spent a night in a jail cell.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:23 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So the kid was denied entry? When? Proof?

As far as your friend's cheating wife, adultery laws still remain in some places, so it doesn't surprise me.
I don't know the situation, but it sounds like it wasn't adultery laws but trespassing laws used here. It sounds like the husband and wife are separated and he's not living at the home, but his name is still on the deed.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
I'm sorry to say it, but this guy probably is going to jail. While most fathers would probably say "if I caught some punk in bed with my daughter I would shoot the SOB", that is suppose to be a figure of speech. Unless the kid attacked the father I see no justification for this. Involuntary Manslaughter at a minimum.
You probably don't live in Texas. I do, and I say the guy doesn't even get indicted by the Grand Jury, if it happened as stated in the article. It if turns out the father knew the boy was involved with his daughter, then that's different altogether.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:28 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You probably don't live in Texas. I do, and I say the guy doesn't even get indicted by the Grand Jury, if it happened as stated in the article. It if turns out the father knew the boy was involved with his daughter, then that's different altogether.
It really depends on what the daughter says what happened

I'm pretty sure she'll fall in line with what her dad wants her to say.

The story says they were arguing, very curious as to what the exchange was about, something tells me the kid was telling the dad that he was the boyfriend

Old 03-13-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Kid was found at 2am, doesn't mean he came in at 2am. Kid could have been in the bedroom since 9pm.

Regardless, he had consent from a resident, which makes it a lawful entry. Look it up if you don't believe me.
I've tried to look it up, but couldn't find it in the statutes. Maybe I don't know the proper key words to use in my search. Please post the Texas law if you can find it.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:31 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
I've tried to look it up, but couldn't find it in the statutes. Maybe I don't know the proper key words to use in my search. Please post the Texas law if you can find it.
If people have a problem with the law, take it up with the Texas legislature

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 30. BURGLARY AND CRIMINAL TRESPASS

Quote:
Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:
(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or
(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
It really depends on what the daughter says what happened

I'm pretty sure she'll fall in line with what her dad wants her to say.

The story says they were arguing, very curious as to what the exchange was about, something tells me the kid was telling the dad that he was the boyfriend
I'm not so sure about that. I have a feeling the daughter isn't too happy with her dad right now, especially if she had any kind of feelings for the boy. I am sure the boy was telling the father he was her boyfriend or at least knew her and she invited him to the house, but the daughter told her father she didn't know the boy. I'm sure more details with come out soon, but right now all we know is what the police told the newspapers.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:33 PM

279 posts, read 183,255 times
Just for the sake of argument, I wonder what would the public say if this was a girl who snuck into boys bead room and got shot by boys father. Would this still be ok?
That's what we need in this country, crazy people with firearms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The point is a minor is subject to the rules of the house. Minors typically are not allowed to invite people over at all hours of the day or night. Other people also would correctly assume that Dad is not okay with a 2 am shag fest with his minor daughter. Most of us would assume if dad caught us then we can assume it would get ugly. Dad's can be overly protective of their children. Dad's tend to lack any compassion, humor, or reason when they believe that their child has been violated.
As young men we tend to be afraid of the girl's dad. Well my generation was anyway. Where I grew up, just about everyone hunted and we worried that dad might hunt us if we crossed the line. It most likely wouldn't have happened, but we had a healthy respect for a father's wrath.
This teen either stupid, arrogant or flat out too ignorant to care, put himself in harms way. He owns that.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
He's just BS'ing you. A minor does not have Parental Consent to give this authorization at night to a visitor.

If the Parent Consented to this after hours meeting they would have used the front door with the Fathers knowledge.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
That's what we need in this country, crazy people with firearms.
No but we do need homeowners who can legally protect their families and homes with firearms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies