Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 10:17 AM

2,825 posts, read 2,091,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I know that anyone who cheers the shooting of an innocent 17 year old should not have access to guns.

The comment was more about his defenders than his actions.
Yes, based on the information, which is currently available. You seem to be in a rush to judge.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:19 AM

21,407 posts, read 10,493,647 times
Quote:
Father admits to arguing with the kid prior to shooting him

Question is whether the kid told the father that he knew his daughter, something tells me he did, but we'll never know because he is dead.
I can guarantee the guy was telling the dad he knew his daughter, but the daughter denied it. This whole probably went down in thirty seconds.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:19 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,199,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Yes, based on the information, which is currently available. You seem to be in a rush to judge.
The story sounds fishy, so even though I'm inclined to suspect some wrong doing, I wasn't there, I think there should be an investigation.

However the key witness is dead and this is Texas, so we all know how this is going to turn out, the guy will probably get a medal.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:23 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,646,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
According to THE DAUGHTER, she did NOT know the man in question. That is what she told her father. The mindset at 2:00...a stranger is in the house, in his teenage daughter's bedroom...and she claims to not know him. What RESPONSIBLE parent would not be "on edge" with a stranger in his teenage daughter's bedroom in the middle of the night? His reaching for "something" would be very reasonable to expect as reaching for a weapon.

Lessons to be learned...if you want to bang your boyfriend in your parent's house in the middle of the night, WHILE THEY ARE IN THE NEXT ROOM...either don't do it, or don't lie about it and put someone else's life at risk. I have to wonder if she will be prosecuted for manslaughter? This situation is similar to the old "yelling fire in a crowded theater" one. She didn't kill anyone but through her actions (and the young mans) she created the situation that caused it to happen.

So...what is the father supposed to do? "OK, you're in my daughters bedroom in the middle of the night, she doesn't know you. OK, carry on, I'm going back to bed".
1. In the story nowhere does it say the girl claimed she was being raped or attacked. And nowhere in the story does it say that she actually was.
He should go to jail for murder. He messed up, and when you mess up and cost someone else their life, you should go to jail. Period. Hopefully he gets 20-life.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:25 AM

2,825 posts, read 2,091,286 times
Quote:
The story sounds fishy, so even though I'm inclined to suspect some wrong doing, I wasn't there, I think there should be an investigation.

However the key witness is dead and this is Texas, so we all know how this is going to turn out, the guy will probably get a medal.
Yes, it sounds "fishy" to me, as well. I trust that there will be an investigation. Until then, we only know what is available.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 AM

40,934 posts, read 48,994,629 times
Quote:

Curious, would you ever shoot a stranger in your home at 3am ?

If not, would you just call the cops and wait until they arrived ?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I can guarantee the guy was telling the dad he knew his daughter, but the daughter denied it. This whole probably went down in thirty seconds.
I wouldn't be surprised if the kid called the guys daughter a lying *****, which probably really pissed off the dad.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Curious, would you ever shoot a stranger in your home at 3am ?

If not, would you just call the cops and wait until they arrived ?
Not if I suspected my daughter knew him and was banging him. That's just me, I'm not part of the American Taliban that supports honor killings.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:27 AM

5,647 posts, read 5,066,640 times
Quote:
What RESPONSIBLE parent would not be "on edge" with a stranger in his teenage daughter's bedroom in the middle of the night?
djacques?

Quote:
So...what is the father supposed to do? "OK, you're in my daughters bedroom in the middle of the night, she doesn't know you. OK, carry on, I'm going back to bed".
djacques. Defintely djacques!

Old 03-14-2014, 10:28 AM

40,934 posts, read 48,994,629 times
Quote:
Not if I suspected my daughter knew him and was banging him. That's just me, I'm not part of the American Taliban that supports honor killings.
That's not the question. Say it's just you and your wife in bed and you wake to find someone standing over your bed.

Would you shoot that person ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies