Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 07:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Why didn't the boy's father know he wasn't home? The boy was only 17, why was he out at 2:20 am? What justice does the father deserve? The kid was in a house he had no business being in and that's the only fact here, it's a tragic story but there is not enough information to draw a verdict at this point.
Is it not likely the respective parents of both these kids thought their children were asleep in their own beds?

Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Yes............I would never let my boy "sleep over" with his girl. Just amazing folks think it's ok.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If the boy would have had a weapon, it wouldn't have mattered how much he weighed, he could have shot the father. The father didn't know if he had a weapon on him or not, and after being ordered to stand still, the boy reached for something and so the father shot.

Perfectly justifiable. Tragic, but justifiable.

I'm sure both families will be destroyed forever over this.
First, since the boy was there for a little nookie I doubt very seriously if he had a weapon other then the one in his pants. Secondly, if Edward A is correct you got to be a pretty pathetic grown man not to be able to beat this kid up. Finally, I really do not believe his story about the kid reaching for something in the first place since it would be a convienent excuse to shoot someone and not go to jail.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Red face *

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques
If the little tramp said she didn't know the boy she was in the sack with and her dad believed her, 1. He's too stupid to have a firearm and 2. She ought to be tried for depraved indifference homicide.
THE GIRL IS AN IDIOT AND CAUSED HER FRIEND TO BE KILLED!!!!!

I have no words for this....... SHE PROBABLY DIDNT THINK HER FATHER WOULD DO THAT!!!! (What does she expect?? THE FATHER THINKS SHE IS UNDER ATTACK!!!)

I HOPE SHE LIVES WITH THIS GUILT FOR ALONG TIME...... STUPID IDIOT!

Old 03-14-2014, 07:11 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes............I would never let my boy "sleep over" with his girl. Just amazing folks think it's ok.
Can you specify why you think it's not ok? Because I assure you, it's not at all obvious.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The son was not murdered. He was caught by the homeowner inside the bedroom of a 16 year old girl who, when confronted by her father, denied knowing who he was. He then, when ordered at gunpoint to remain still, made a move to reach for something which as far as the present father/homeowner knew, might have been a weapon. Believing under the circumstances that danger was imminent, the father justifiably fired on him.

The short version is that the kid was just too stupid to live.

His father should be ashamed for not teaching him a bit better.
Alrighty then....... The girl's lie was a serious contributing factor to all that followed.

If only she had told the truth there may very well have been a different outcome.

Both she and her father get to live the rest of their lives knowing her decision to let him in and then lie, set off a chain reaction that resulted in the boy's death.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:16 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaraka66 View Post
Tell me do you live in flyover country ? Hmm Christians stopped killing non believers hundreds of years ago,it seems some lack a touch of study in modern history. It seems some schools have never taught pupils about the Bosnian Genocide when good Serb xtians slaughtered their Muslim neighbors. Now this was only fifteen years ago but one does need to read international news. No, you will learn nothing from Fox news.
Yeah, that was totally about religion and not ancient ethnic tensions boiling over after the fall of communism. And the Pope was cheering all the while. [sarc]

Old 03-14-2014, 07:16 PM

130 posts, read 133,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's how liberals think.
Sorry dear boy you are confused I'm an Australian conservative, and no unlike too many American conservatives we do not live by the so called good book.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:17 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
In a few second span of time, if someone is in my home, and the person they are with claims not to know who they are, and I tell them to stand still and they reach for something, there is only one fact to be established, and that fact is that there is a threat to myself and my family, and that threat needs to be stopped. Eliminated.

You guys act as if the father had five or ten minutes to stop and evaluate all the evidence, when in reality, I bet it was more like five or ten seconds. I'd be interested to know how much time passed between the father entering and shots fired.
I would think it likely he did have time to assess the situation,but from outside the room, not inside it. I suspect he did his fact gathering after he had entered the room. The would likely to be the more dangerous course of action, for his daughter.

This is largely immaterial to the principle applied through law though -Castle Doctrine etc. If the benefit of the doubt goes to the homeowner, then innocent people being killed with little or no consequence, is part of the price paid for such laws.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:24 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Glad you think having sex with a 16 year old is legal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

Do you hate guns? Is there something else to your post?

No gun owner in their right mind would agree with this...

Would you be trolling, to get a fight about guns started? Sure seems to be that way...
Your statements are contradictory, you initially called the OP's statements trollish, now you are taking his stand, talk about wishy washy

Make up your mind, take a stand and stick to it instead of flip flopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies