Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 05:53 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Yeah, this seems to be gibberish. As far as I can tell, Obama hasn't "demonized" anyone. And Hollywood is happy to make fun of any sort of teredo type. Also, to be Frank, "Obamacare" is exactly what Obama said he would write into law when he was running for president back in 2008, with the only notable exception being the individual mandate, which was instead Hillary's proposal. Health care access was one of the major issues of the 2008 presidential campaign, every important candidate had a proposal on it, they ran on it, and Obama won and ensured that his proposal became law. So no, there was no deception involved, and I see no need for any apology.

A more interesting discussion is: why do so many republicans pretend that "Obamacare" was some sort of surprise, when it mostly falls along the path that Obama loudly proposed when he was running for president? And why did they vehemently oppose it, when it's largely comprised of their own ideas? Isn't it they that owe the US an apology?
No deception involved? How about selling as something that won't affect people who already have insurance? "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period." One big fat deception if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 06:01 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Well since you brought that up, where is our apology for the Iraq War, shoved through Congress, costing us trillions borrowed from China, killed and wounded hundreds of thousands, and based on a lie. When we get that apology--long overdue, get back to us.

You're right -- but I'm still waiting for the responses to the emails that I sent EVERYONE that voted FOR war. To date, nobody has ever replied.

Oh....I only sent the emails to those that approved the military action.

58% of Democratic Senators voted for war, and none of them have answered me.
40% of Democratic Representatives voted for war, and none of them have answered me.

It's actually pretty depressing, sending an email to an elected official and not getting a response.

But I'm a persistent guy, and I still email our elected idiots when they vote for something I don't agree with.

Amazingly, I didn't have to email a single Republican, asking why they voted FOR Obamacare.

But not a single Democrat has responded to my email.

If I ever get that apology, I'll get back to you. I promise.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:02 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Obama, like every other significant candidate in 2008, made reforming health care a major part of his platform. Everyone had an idea on how to control out out-of-control health care costs. Obama won the election, and put his proposal into law.

The end.

Get over it. Stop pretending that is was some sort of secret, when it was repeatedly debated on national tv networks. Stop whining that it was "rammed through congress", when it was bound to happen in any event. And stop whining that Hollywood had anything to do with it, when it was driven by people who lost loved ones because their insurance companies gave them the finger, door women who were tossed into bankruptcy because their insurance companies said "Oh, you didn't tell us your husband had acne as a kid, we won't at for your breast cancer treatments, but we'll keep your payments". And for that matter, let's stop pretending that insurance company CEOs didn't testify to congress that they would continue doing such things, unless the law was changed.
No, it's not the end. As much as you and the Democrats who passed this disaster against the will of the American people WISH it were the end, it is not the end.

See, we still live in sort of a democratic republic, where the people's voice matters. Although you and Obama wish we lived in an autocracy ruled by Obama, we aren't there. Yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies