Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 08:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
1. Death is the end result of life. We will all experience it some point.
2. You cannot control the choices of others so why worry about something that is out of your control. Do what you need to do to take care of your family. Worrying and scolding accomplishes nothing.
You can vaccinate your child to avoid death from measles.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:33 AM

26,461 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Thanks, Anti-Vaxxers. You Just Brought Back Measles in NYC. - The Daily Beast

Like those who think the best way to be safe is to drive versus fly. . .or think that seatbelts aren't safe(what if your car goes in the water, and you can't get out, I know I live in Arizona but it rains)

The damage that people without science and understanding is doing to this society continues. I know Bill Nye the science guy is worried about the future. . .

but these people are doing damage TODAY
"We’ve seen just a skyrocketing autism rate. Some people are suspicious that it’s connected to the vaccines. This person included. The science right now is inconclusive, but we have to research it." -Barack Obama

Obama's anti-science stance on vaccines caused there to be a shortage in 2009 - leading to more people harmed.

Did President Obama Restore Science to Its Rightful Place? — The American Magazine

Old 03-15-2014, 08:37 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Right. That is part of what I meant about protecting one's own family and letting go of the things that are beyond a person's control.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Right. That is part of what I meant about protecting one's own family and letting go of the things that are beyond a person's control.
You have to be 12 months old to get the measles vaccine. Measles in an infant can be very serious. Some few people can't get the vaccine for medical reasons. We have to be concerned about those people too. A high level of immunity in the community can keep the disease from spreading.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:49 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Kind of a long time coming, dont'cha think?
I am currently reading it and don't buy into it yet, due to it being an early study. I am almost certain if you overload the mice with antigens on purpose you, Which is what they did, may end up giving them an auto immune response. Then again it is one in a million and something I would rather risk, than myself or my children dying from polio, measles, etc. of which the chances are much higher.
This is an easier read....Vaccinations Inevitably Cause Autoimmune Diseases: PLoS Study | Gaia HealthGaia Health

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 03-15-2014 at 09:29 AM..

Old 03-15-2014, 08:50 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What about all the illegals ? Are their "health records" up to date with shots ?
A lot of those zip codes mentioned are populated with poor immigrants.

They're bringing back tubercolois.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:59 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Very true. So we need to just accept that life is not without risk and that we can't control what others do and don't do with their bodies and enjoy our lives. If we get the measles or any other communicable diseases, even after vaccination, that's life.
Very true -- at least when it comes to those diseases where you can get a vaccine. Just get your vaccine and you don't need to worry about those who don't. Even if your vaccine wasn't 100% effective, your disease should be a lot more mild.

The focus of vaccination should be on the weaker more susceptible populations. All the "herd immunity" mentality doesn't work when our borders are wide open and globalism means any one with any illness can waltz on in and in unlimited numbers. At least since they're going to allow the world's illnesses to be brought in, get the immuno-compromised people protected as well as possible. Give them booster shots, and face masks and immunoglobulins to protect them.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Very true -- at least when it comes to those diseases where you can get a vaccine. Just get your vaccine and you don't need to worry about those who don't. Even if your vaccine wasn't 100% effective, your disease should be a lot more mild.

The focus of vaccination should be on the weaker more susceptible populations. All the "herd immunity" mentality doesn't work when our borders are wide open and globalism means any one with any illness can waltz on in and in unlimited numbers. At least since they're going to allow the world's illnesses to be brought in, get the immuno-compromised people protected as well as possible. Give them booster shots, and face masks and immunoglobulins to protect them.
The immuno-compromised usually can't get vaccines (in the case of measles, which is a live virus vaccine and would overwhelm their immune system) or the vaccines won't work on them due to a poorly functioning immune system. Herd immunity can protect a lot of people. If 90% are immunized, the disease get get the foothold it needs to spread.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:04 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
I would rather suffer a bout of mumps, measles and rubella than spend the rest of my life allergic to peanut butter.

The bureaucratic mind is created by the mismanagement of neural transmissions caused by the adjuvants in vaccines.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:10 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The human race was almost wiped out by measles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies