Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 03:36 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So, one twin had a male role model and one didn't?
That is one possibility, and there are likely several others.

The important thing is that it is not biological.

If someone has been confused into having same-sex attractions, then they can be counseled and helped to make a better decision.

In any event, there is no valid reason for courts to overrule the will of citizens in a state when they recognize marriage as being a union between a man and a woman, because then you would have to also recognize any chosen behavior as also being eligible for marriage.

Harrier really doesn't care what two adults do in the privacy of their own homes, nor does he have an issue with citizens freely voting to allow gay marriage(though Harrier would vote no if he lived in such a state).

Harrier's issue is with the overruling of the clear will of people who have chosen in their states to recognize marriage as a union between a man and a woman, by unelected men and women in black robes, based on the false premise that homosexuality is a biological trait.

If Tennessee wants to recognize gay marriage, then they should be free to do so, just as they should be free to only recognize unions between a man and a woman.

Better yet, government should get entirely out of the marriage business, but that too should be done freely according to the will of the people, not through tyrannical judicial fiat.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
People are not born gay, there is no gay gene, anyone who studies basic biology knows that such a gene is impossible. It's also been disproven by identical twins, one can be gay and the other not. Identical twins share the same exact DNA and everything, if it was genetic then both twins would be homosexuals.
So the identical twins had sex with each other and then tried girls? And the outcome, one twin chose to be gay while the other chose to be straight?

Old 03-16-2014, 03:37 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
If it's environmental, how do you explain one gay identical twin and one straight identical twin?
You're contradicting yourlelf.
Different life experiences. I have a gay family member, we grew up in the same household, but different environmental influences happened to them.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:09 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
People are not born gay, there is no gay gene, anyone who studies basic biology knows that such a gene is impossible. It's also been disproven by identical twins, one can be gay and the other not. Identical twins share the same exact DNA and everything, if it was genetic then both twins would be homosexuals.

More than likely, its caused by environmental factors such as non gender conformity roles, lack of a masculine role model growing up which causes the child to seek male bonding, then later in life during puberty it that desire for a male figure becomes a sexual one. Child abuse can also cause confusion and sexual issues when they come of age.

If you believe in the Kinsey Scale, everyone exists along a spectrum and this spectrum is not set in stone. People's sexual preference can change due to environment or personal choice, the latter is not an instant thing, but it does happen as is evidence by the many perfectly straight men who enter prison and form romances and same sex attractions towards the same sex.
You are about 50 to 60 years out of date. Not surprising, because the nonsense you are pushing is propagated by scientifically illiterate anti-gay religious groups who think they are living in 1950's America.

Last edited by Ceist; 03-16-2014 at 04:17 PM..

Old 03-16-2014, 04:13 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
It's really amazing someone can hold onto such archaic ignorant solutions, in order to rationalize their indifference and hate. I guess anything to disprove they are entitled to equality, and SSM. With the majority of identical twin cases, most are, in fact of the same sexual orientation. Fetuses are hit with hormones later in utero; however, their condition in the womb may not be identical after the egg has split.

Quote:
More than likely, its caused by environmental factors such as non gender conformity roles, lack of a masculine role model growing up which causes the child to seek male bonding, then later in life during puberty it that desire for a male figure becomes a sexual one. Child abuse can also cause confusion and sexual issues when they come of age.
This was disproven at least forty to fifty years ago. Homosexuals are no more capable of being attracted to the opposite sex, as heterosexuals are capable of being attracted to the same sex. Homosexual men who act and behave masculine in every way did not necessarily have more masculine role models than homosexual men who are more gentile, or who act more on the feminine side. There are millions of homosexuals in this country, and virtually all of them will conclude that they have always been homosexual, and have never felt even slightly biologically capable of being sexually attracted to the opposite sex. Also, the environment homosexuals grow up in is often identical to the typical environment heterosexuals grew up in.

Quote:
If you believe in the Kinsey Scale, everyone exists along a spectrum and this spectrum is not set in stone. People's sexual preference can change due to environment or personal choice, the latter is not an instant thing, but it does happen as is evidence by the many perfectly straight men who enter prison and form romances and same sex attractions towards the same sex.
If heterosexual men are deprived of intimacy with women this does not mean their testosterone and sex drive will wane. What is typical for men who have been deprived of sexual activity, their sex drive will likely increase if their drive is never fulfilled over the long run. This will only cause some straight men to experiment, and experience sexual fulfillment with other men. Many will only be serviced, and not service others. It does not mean that their attraction to women has dissipated, they still prefer women. Once these straight men leave prison, they will seek only women for sexual intimacy. If they conclude later, they would prefer to be with a man, then they were probably closeted, or sexually confused to begin with.

Last edited by 9162; 03-16-2014 at 04:22 PM..

Old 03-16-2014, 04:15 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I'll have to side with Harrier on this one. It's clear from his posts that his brain is not controlling him.
I think this says it all:

"We should always be prepared so as never to err, to believe that what I see as white is black, if the hierarchic Church defines it thus." -Ignatius of Loyola (1491- 1556)

Old 03-16-2014, 04:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican
Jesus Christ on a Crutch!! How many times do we have to go through this? It's like talking to Alzheimers patients.
Men in prison turn to other men because there are no women around. It's the 'any port in a storm' scenario. It's not homosexuality. Farmers have sex with sheep. Are they sexually attracted to sheep? No. Men have sex with warm pieces of liver, vaccuum cleaners and swimming pool pumps. Are they sexually attracted to warm liver, vaccuum cleaners and swimming pool pumps? No, not so much.
I don't know how many more times this has to be explained to people. It's not rocket surgery or brain science.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:09 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times
Im gay and I can assure you it wasn't chosen. If anything its the opposite of a choice. At puberty without choice I was attracted to and had crushes on boys and zero girls. Im in my thirties and have yet to have one erection over a girl. If anything thinking about girls makes an erection go away. In my younger years I tried to like girls. It made me gag. Sorry but I didnt even know another gay person until I was in.my twenties. Never molested. Have a degree in religious studies. Grew up and live in the rural state of north Dakota. parents still married. Dont use drugs and rarely drink and I have been out for ten years but have barely dated. Im much less promiscuous than most of my straight guy friends. No matter what you say its a fact that being gay is not a choice. Case settled. So hating people for a trait theydidnt choose makes absolutely no sense and has nnothing to do with you. Its also none of your business.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:09 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Funny...this question is always used as a device to.stonewall those who advocate heterosexual normativity.

Even if one were to answer that they are not sure when they made that decision...that doesn't fly in the face of the argument. There is just as big of a hurdle to prove sexuality or "sexual PREFERENCE" is actually an affinity.

That being said, let me attempt to.answer this in the most logical way possible.

I decided to become heterosexual when I chose to entertain, date and engage women sexually...exclusively. Those are all elements of choice. I will let Occam's Razor carry the rest of the weight.
Were you attracted to men sexually? If you were not ever attracted to men sexually, then you did not have a choice. This is a ruse the anti gay army tries every single time. When in honesty, they never had a choice.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:10 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Sure you can.

That is what sexual preference is all about.

Common sense stated very clearly and well.

Thank you.

Were you attracted to males sexually, Harrier? I know that you still have no sex experience, but you must know if you were ever sexually attracted to both men and women before you chose women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies