Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 06:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviastar View Post
I sold my house sir. I try to minimize my footprint. I understand that some pollution is unavoidable but as a person who devotes a significant amount of time to environmental causes I try and practice what I preach as much as possible.

Also, the earth predates the founding of this country so just because we have decided that property rights take precedent over the protection of the environment does not make it so..
What the hell does you selling your house or even your dam footprint have to do with this? I dont give a rats ass about your environmental wacko babble.. We are discussing the damages being down to neighbors properties of which you havent been able to list..

Old 03-16-2014, 06:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
I sold my house sir. I try to minimize my footprint. I understand that some pollution is unavoidable but as a person who devotes a significant amount of time to environmental causes I try and practice what I preach as much as possible.

Also, the earth predates the founding of this country so just because we have decided that property rights take precedent over the protection of the environment does not make it so..
Selling your house makes you "green"? Where do you live now in the woods? LOL

Old 03-16-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Pile of it. Folks are getting out of hand with all this kind of crap. Way out. Man when did common sense leave us?? I blame judge wapner.
I spent over a year fighting my township over a very similar issue.. When the township didnt like the fact that I told them to go to hell cause it was private property, they called in the Soil and water engineers who told them they were crazy for starting with me. Then they called in the EPA, and I cant recall what other governmental agency to come after me (I was faced with a $1K a day fine). I was filing a class action $20M lawsuit against them all until they figured out that I knew my **** and they disappeared (quickly I might add)..

Old 03-16-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
We may not be able to detect it for years...but it could happen...the report lists the fact that water from his pond is entering waterway sources, yet you still haven't seemed to grasp that when water of a different pH or with different life-forms (bacteria, etc.) within that water are introduced into those other water sources that the possibility for damage exists.

And contrary to what you are saying it is true. We were not able to detect soil damage for decades until more sophisticated technology was introduced....now we are able to detect damage done many years ago.
Of course water from his pond would enter waterway sources, that happens when it rains. Where do you think its going to go? Until you can prove damages, you have no point other than to raa raa government is fantastic crap..

Old 03-16-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
It doesn't even have to be damage now...the potential for damage down the road is now present. Real simple concept:

water from his pond enters waterways (as indicated in the report)

waterways deliver that water into the groundwater system

some other property owner's soil is damaged

we discover problem 10 years later.
yes, and the damages to the property owner down the road doesnt disappear.. You must first PROVE there are damages, not just pretend they exist..

Old 03-16-2014, 06:50 PM

I feel for you bro..........we had a pot bellied pig incident....looking at five hundred bucks a day......I had the shotgun out ready to blast his fat ass and the TV crew was there......pig lived. So it goes.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Selling your house makes you "green"? Where do you live now in the woods? LOL
True.. If he was so concerned for the environment, he should have bulldozed his house and not allow others to live there, thus damaging the environment...

Sounds like the EPA kook who lived down the street from me who got up and abandoned his house last year..

Old 03-16-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
It doesn't even have to be damage now...the potential for damage down the road is now present. Real simple concept:

water from his pond enters waterways (as indicated in the report)

waterways deliver that water into the groundwater system

some other property owner's soil is damaged

we discover problem 10 years later.
No the "potential" is not a simple concept........it is basically BS. It is a guess. You want to guess on others wallets.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
The problem with that is then the damage is done. How do we protect biodiversity in these environments if we wait for it after the fact?
Why dont you do your part to help save the environment and stop using the electricity you are using to babble on this type of nonsense..

A pond in no way shape or form is an environmental hazard.. It occurs naturally in the envornment, and used to feed wildlife. Unless you can prove he used some type of chemicals you are just babbling on and killing my braincells with every paragraph I read by you.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
True.. If he was so concerned for the environment, he should have bulldozed his house and not allow others to live there, thus damaging the environment...

Sounds like the EPA kook who lived down the street from me who got up and abandoned his house last year..
A kook born everyday...........thanks to the greenies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies