Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER FORGIVE MICHAEL VICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 58 50.00%
No, but maybe I will someday 11 9.48%
Yes 47 40.52%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 09:17 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

michael vick made a mistake, a huge one, but a mistake none the less. as far as i know he has not made the same mistake since, and has done everything he can to rehabilitate himself. since he has shown that he can be a good citizen, yes i have forgiven him for his crime. remember the line in the lords prayer, "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". we all do things that need forgiveness, so do we ask for forgiveness for ourselves, but not others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 09:18 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
For you. Like I said, I have NO respect or USE for people who put ANIMALS on the same keel as humans.

IF you are one of those, you haven't a grasp on reality.

Next you will probably want animals to vote cindering they are the same to you.

Heck, you probable have a seat at the dinner table for them.

Do you take a tax deduction of a "dependent"?

I wonder if they have to get ObamaCare since ALL INDIVIDUALS are requires.

I my not know how to quote BUT, I DO know the difference between child molesting and dog fighting.

All animals equal to humans? No, obviously not.

But dogs are pretty close IMO, close enough to make what Vick did almost as disgusting and unforgivable as child molestation.

The rest of your comparisons/questions are too ridiculous to bother answering.

The more I see of humans like Vick, the more I like my dog.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
All animals equal to humans? No, obviously not.

But dogs are pretty close IMO, close enough to make what Vick did almost as disgusting and unforgivable as child molestation.

The rest of your comparisons/questions are too ridiculous to bother answering.

The more I see of humans like Vick, the more I like my dog.
I think Quick Enough has been around too many that think they are dog owners. The things he brought up are more about unbalanced pet lovers......another thread.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:33 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
michael vick made a mistake, a huge one, but a mistake none the less. as far as i know he has not made the same mistake since, and has done everything he can to rehabilitate himself. since he has shown that he can be a good citizen, yes i have forgiven him for his crime. remember the line in the lords prayer, "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". we all do things that need forgiveness, so do we ask for forgiveness for ourselves, but not others?
I'm bothered by the popularity of the word "mistake" in the last couple of decades. People seem to minimize their crimes by using it. For example, a person forgets to look before backing their car up and hits someone. That's a mistake. A person gets angry and rams another car. That's not a mistake. Yet a common tendency lately is for the person to say, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have done it. To me a deliberate act, like purposely fighting dogs, electrocuting them and torturing them in various ways, can in no way be described as a mistake. As long as he's "being a good citizen", yes I'll tolerate him in society. But until he says something that makes me believe he truly regrets what he did, for the dog's sake rather than for the legal outcome, no I will not forgive him. I'm not that saintly.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:38 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I'm bothered by the popularity of the word "mistake" in the last couple of decades. People seem to minimize their crimes by using it. For example, a person forgets to look before backing their car up and hits someone. That's a mistake. A person gets angry and rams another car. That's not a mistake. Yet a common tendency lately is for the person to say, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have done it. To me a deliberate act, like purposely fighting dogs, electrocuting them and torturing them in various ways, can in no way be described as a mistake. As long as he's "being a good citizen", yes I'll tolerate him in society. But until he says something that makes me believe he truly regrets what he did, for the dog's sake rather than for the legal outcome, no I will not forgive him. I'm not that saintly.
Agreed. His only mistake was in thinking that he was above the law and wouldn't get caught. He KNEW what he was doing was wrong (hence, not a mistake). Why else did he hide his Bad Newz Kennels away from view? He purposely tried to hide his activities.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Well I can see why this thread got moved.

Since were all P&OC up in here...

Well how else is Obummer gonna get his Fido Mignon. Someone's got to dispatch the pooch. Might as well be another Black man, gotta help a brotha out.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:40 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
Hmm..... how can I word this right....

I forgive Michael Vick because I'm a Christian and it's unhealthy to hold onto anger towards another, just takes away your happiness. However forgiveness does not mean that one is free from the consequences of their actions, I don't think Michael Vick should ever be allowed to play again, I don't think he's a very good person. He needs to face jail time for his actions.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:41 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiBelle View Post
Agreed. His only mistake was in thinking that he was above the law and wouldn't get caught. He KNEW what he was doing was wrong (hence, not a mistake). Why else did he hide his Bad Newz Kennels away from view? He purposely tried to hide his activities.
I think most people mistake his actions as something good for the community. Most of us volunteer at shelters to help find good homes for these animals and encourage spaying and neutering pets. Vick used pit bulls for profit to build an ego that football and women weren't giving him.

Having dogs as pets is one thing, making them killing machines is another.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:55 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Sure! We all make mistakes.
I like to forgive people. It makes you feel better about yourself.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:24 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Again with "mistake". How is brutality that goes on for years a mistake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies