Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 08:13 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,916 times

Advertisements

My Democrat sister in law bought an ACA policy in a blue state and still can't get anyone to repair a problem that must be fixed surgically. Seems no hospital in the metro NYC area takes the Empire policy bought through the exchange.

She asked me what she is paying $250.00 a month for, had to break it to her she is paying for the privilege of being conned.

Getting away from the political crap it's just reallllllly crappy "insurance" sold at insane prices with even crazier deductibles. No wonder you have to buy it by law; or no one ever would.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:42 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,334,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
My Democrat sister in law bought an ACA policy in a blue state and still can't get anyone to repair a problem that must be fixed surgically. Seems no hospital in the metro NYC area takes the Empire policy bought through the exchange.

She asked me what she is paying $250.00 a month for, had to break it to her she is paying for the privilege of being conned.

Getting away from the political crap it's just reallllllly crappy "insurance" sold at insane prices with even crazier deductibles. No wonder you have to buy it by law; or no one ever would.
Don't even give me that bull****. EVERY hospital in metro new york will take a health insurance plan from Empire BCBS. It is one of if not the largest private insurer in the New York metropolitan area.

Some of you people are grasping for straws with your fear mongering. It is so comical and the American people aren't falling for it.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:15 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,049 times
Heres an article from Avik Roy at Forbes posted today that looks ahead to 2016. Even if Republicans gain control of the House and Senate any attempt to repeal the ACA will be very unpopular and will lead to a Democrat President in 2016. This year of course Republicans will run on repeal of Obamacare with enough old white voters that they should have some success. At some point Republicans will have to face reality that the ACA isnt going anywhere.

House Republican Leaders Finally State The Obvious: Obamacare Isn't Going Anywhere - Forbes

Old 04-29-2014, 08:22 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Even if Republicans gain control of the House and Senate any attempt to repeal the ACA will be very unpopular and will lead to a Democrat President in 2016.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. People will have been strapped with the extremely high ACA premiums, copays, and deductibles by then; some for several years. They may be screaming for relief by 2016.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dem candidates had to run on a repeal platform to have any hope of winning their elections.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:37 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I wouldn't be too sure about that. People will have been strapped with the extremely high ACA premiums, copays, and deductibles by then; some for several years. They may be screaming for relief by 2016.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dem candidates had to run on a repeal platform to have any hope of winning their elections.
80% of the people have subsidies. That leaves a relatively small number of about 2 million or so paying the full rate. Americans For Prosperity aka The Tea Party has run about a dozen ads looking for "victims" of Obamacare and so far they have only come up with one ad that hasnt been shot full of holes.

A whole lot of the people who have signed up are part of the Republican Base 50-64 years old. Guess what they are getting health care. Now they are going to vote to get rid of their health care?..Here's a story of a 57 year old Republican who signed up for the ACA and had heart surgery.

Once opposed to ACA, now a convert - Philly.com

Old 04-29-2014, 08:38 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
80% of the people have subsidies.
Subsidies for their premiums, yes. Who's subsidizing their huge deductibles?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:20 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Don't even give me that bull****. EVERY hospital in metro new york will take a health insurance plan from Empire BCBS. It is one of if not the largest private insurer in the New York metropolitan area.

Some of you people are grasping for straws with your fear mongering. It is so comical and the American people aren't falling for it.
So I imagined the tearful phone call my wife took from her sister yesterday when North Shore LIJ called to inform her that her procedure was being cancelled due to her exchange purchased insurance not being accepted and her difficulty in finding another hospital to do it?

Seriously? I imagined this?

Be careful with calling this "bull****" or "fear mongering", the fact is the woman bought an ACA policy and is having a real problem finding a hospital in her area to accept it.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, lookie! It's a bunch of folks who think one declares a political party when they apply for insurance.

How weird is that!

Welcome to the growing group that is in support of Obamacare!

Old 04-29-2014, 10:36 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,767,663 times
Quote:
80% of the people have subsidies. That leaves a relatively small number of about 2 million or so paying the full rate. Americans For Prosperity aka The Tea Party has run about a dozen ads looking for "victims" of Obamacare and so far they have only come up with one ad that hasnt been shot full of holes.

A whole lot of the people who have signed up are part of the Republican Base 50-64 years old. Guess what they are getting health care. Now they are going to vote to get rid of their health care?..Here's a story of a 57 year old Republican who signed up for the ACA and had heart surgery.

Once opposed to ACA, now a convert - Philly.com
The ACA is far from perfect but once people finally get access to affordable healthcare they are not going to let go of it, just based on politics. Reality usually trumps sloganeering.

It makes far more sense to keep the good parts of Obamacare and work on fixing the parts that don't work.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:37 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The ACA is far from perfect but once people finally get access to affordable healthcare they are not going to let go of it, just based on politics. Reality usually trumps sloganeering.

It makes far more sense to keep the good parts of Obamacare and work on fixing the parts that don't work.
Like the affordability? Seriously, anyone claiming Obamacare is affordable is either getting subsidies or lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies