Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 06:47 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times

Advertisements

Still the hardon for the tea party I see.

Do you ever have an original thought?

Old 04-30-2014, 06:55 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
For some reason Tea Partiers have been going on since day one wanting to know how many people on the ACA have paid for their plans. Today Wellpoint which owns BCBS reports 90% have paid. Another bad piece of news for the Tea Party is that rates wont go up double digits next year according to Wellpoint. My advice for Tea Partiers keep your Medicare, Tricare, and VA appointments and stop worrying about a government take over of health care. Heres the link.

WellPoint Softens Forecast For Obamacare Rate Hikes – Capsules - The KHN Blog
Won't want to hear what? You've said absolutely nothing.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:01 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,640 times
I'm not fond of radishes. You know what that means? I don't think about them, have them in my house, read about them or go to "news" sites that aggregate articles about them. I never know what this celebrity says until people like you are all hushed hush whispering like 12 year olds pointing at the kid with the wrong pair of shoes in school.

And yet here you are still surfing the same 5 websites, looking for and finding exactly what you want, like a baby playing peekaboo in a mirror over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Old 04-30-2014, 07:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
They didn't say that there wouldn't be double digit increases. They said they would be less likely which doesn't rule out increases.

Something not affordable can't become affordable with price increases and lets be truthful about why they are happy.

Profits are reported to be $700 million dollars. 3/4 a billion dollars. Are we saying that a program that forces people to enrich insurance companies at this level is going to be a great thing?

Old 04-30-2014, 07:07 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Whoops! Half of Georgia

Perhaps this is just a Georgia thing.....

Old 04-30-2014, 07:10 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
According to this link only 67% have paid:

Committee Learns Who
The data is as of April 15. Premiums for last month's surge of late sign ups isn't due until May 1st - and Blue Cross has extended that to May 10.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:14 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
For some reason Tea Partiers have been going on since day one wanting to know how many people on the ACA have paid for their plans. Today Wellpoint which owns BCBS reports 90% have paid. Another bad piece of news for the Tea Party is that rates wont go up double digits next year according to Wellpoint. My advice for Tea Partiers keep your Medicare, Tricare, and VA appointments and stop worrying about a government take over of health care. Heres the link.

WellPoint Softens Forecast For Obamacare Rate Hikes – Capsules - The KHN Blog
Preach it brother, another great peoples victory is ours!

Committee Learns Who
Quote:
Committee Learns Who’s Paid for Obamacare: As of April 15, Only 67 Percent of Enrollees in Federal Marketplace Had Paid First Month’s Premium
April 30, 2014

Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee to Hold Hearing NEXT WEEK with Insurance Companies to Discuss Detailed Enrollment Data

WASHINGTON, DC – Data provided to the committee by every insurance provider in the health care law’s Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) shows that, as of April 15, 2014, only 67 percent of individuals and families that had selected a health plan in the federally facilitated marketplace had paid their first month’s premium and therefore completed the enrollment process. Nationwide, only 25 percent of paid enrollees are ages 18 to 34. The Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations today invited the leaders of some of the nation’s largest insurance providers and their trade groups to testify at a hearing, “PPACA Enrollment and the Insurance Industry,” on Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at 10:15 a.m. in room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building.

snip!
Now we can all celebrate the fact fewer people have health insurance now than before ObamaCare started!

Edit note, Katspaw beat me with this glorious news by four minutes!

Old 04-30-2014, 08:56 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well I am sorry to hear that. If you are like me my premiums were getting jacked up every year anyway for the same old coverage.
Not 30%, no. The typical annual increase was around 9%.

Quote:
That maternity coverage is a slippery eel. We used to have it as a rider, although we paid it anyway for employees who wanted it. Then, wouldn't you know it, the wife of one of our guys who didn't have it got pregnant.
The purpose of insurance is to buy a hedge against risk. Your guy bet wrong and that sucks for him but they made their decision of their own free will; like it is supposed to work.

Quote:
By the way, when our first came along, we were still kids ourselves and had no insurance at all. So I made a deal with the doctor to pay $50 down and $25 a month until we paid off his full $200 fee. (Which he had graciously cut in half for us -- I later paid him the rest after we got on our feet).

My how times have changed. It costs you more than that for a stubbed toe these days.
There is a reason healthcare and education shatter inflation with their price rises; in both cases a third party often pays so no one has an incentive to control cost. Usually that third party is the government.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:08 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,012,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
With all its shortcomings, Obamacare is well on the way to becoming the most popular social program in US history.
Not saying much considering approval of Obamacare is consistently well under 50%.

Here's a link to a March CNN story boasting that the approval rating has edged up from 35% to 39%.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:29 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
There is a reason healthcare and education shatter inflation with their price rises; in both cases a third party often pays so no one has an incentive to control cost. Usually that third party is the government.
Exactly. I have no idea why liberals and anyone who insists government's involvement in anything is a good idea can't see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies