Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 09:54 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Ya gotta love the Tea Party-AFP. They have spent 30 million on bogus ads and they have come up with another one. What I want to know is why do they always have some person under 65 in their ads. Why dont they have a real Tea Partier in there complaining that his government benefits have been cut?

Now we have another woman in Michigan a mother of five who is complaining she is paying more for the ACA in a new ad. Trouble is she is another Tea Party operative.

"Wendt, incidentally, is a Republican precinct delegate for Michigan’s 2nd congressional district. In June, she signed a toughly worded petition warning GOP lawmakers in the Michigan House of Representatives not to accept expansion of Medicaid or the creation of a health care exchange permitted under the Affordable Care Act—or face a suspension of “all monetary and logistical support.” The petition sought to bind the Republicans to the themes of the party’s 2012 platform that declared the law was an “attack on our Constitution” and an “attempt to impose upon Americans a euro-style bureaucracy.”

Now Wendt is probably saving hundreds if not thousands on the ACA and is complaining just like Julie Boonstra. Why not just roll out geezers complaining about their Medicare?

Big claims, few details in anti-Obamacare ad alleging soaring costs
I bet you can make a highly successful ad out of this for 2014. Double down on Obamacare! Be sure to include the word 'geezers' for maximum positive impression on voters.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:58 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Only total idiots are still supporting Obamacare at this point.

Even the Dem Pols are running as fast as they can away from it.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:34 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Soaring Prices, Not Demand, Behind Massive Hike in U.S. Health Spending

Soaring Prices, Not Demand, Behind Massive Hike in U.S. Health Spending - US News

Nobody can "save" on health care when absolutely nothing was done to address the cost side. There may be some who are able to get others to pay a portion of their costs but those costs are going to have to be paid which means many are going to pay far, far higher costs for our health care which is exactly the opposite of what was claimed.

There are liars here but it is those who foisted Obamacare on us from behind closed doors.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:40 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
If government can make something "affordable" through legislation, why not housing, cars, food....

Old 03-27-2014, 06:46 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Soaring Prices, Not Demand, Behind Massive Hike in U.S. Health Spending

Soaring Prices, Not Demand, Behind Massive Hike in U.S. Health Spending - US News

Nobody can "save" on health care when absolutely nothing was done to address the cost side. There may be some who are able to get others to pay a portion of their costs but those costs are going to have to be paid which means many are going to pay far, far higher costs for our health care which is exactly the opposite of what was claimed.

There are liars here but it is those who foisted Obamacare on us from behind closed doors.
I could be wrong, but a few years ago I thought I read that Obama wanted people to be able to purchase their prescription drugs from Canada, where they are so much cheaper. However, he was blocked from adding that to the ACA.

I wonder who/what was so insistent that that provision not be included?

Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I could be wrong, but a few years ago I thought I read that Obama wanted people to be able to purchase their prescription drugs from Canada, where they are so much cheaper. However, he was blocked from adding that to the ACA.

I wonder who/what was so insistent that that provision not be included?
He wasn't blocked from adding it. It didn't get added because the health/pharmaceutical/insurance companies wrote the legislation.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Only total idiots are still supporting Obamacare at this point.

Even the Dem Pols are running as fast as they can away from it.
The latest poll on Americans showed that 40% don't even know that Obamacare is the law

Old 03-27-2014, 07:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Ya gotta love the Tea Party-AFP. They have spent 30 million on bogus ads and they have come up with another one. What I want to know is why do they always have some person under 65 in their ads. Why dont they have a real Tea Partier in there complaining that his government benefits have been cut?

Now we have another woman in Michigan a mother of five who is complaining she is paying more for the ACA in a new ad. Trouble is she is another Tea Party operative.

"Wendt, incidentally, is a Republican precinct delegate for Michigan’s 2nd congressional district. In June, she signed a toughly worded petition warning GOP lawmakers in the Michigan House of Representatives not to accept expansion of Medicaid or the creation of a health care exchange permitted under the Affordable Care Act—or face a suspension of “all monetary and logistical support.” The petition sought to bind the Republicans to the themes of the party’s 2012 platform that declared the law was an “attack on our Constitution” and an “attempt to impose upon Americans a euro-style bureaucracy.”

Now Wendt is probably saving hundreds if not thousands on the ACA and is complaining just like Julie Boonstra. Why not just roll out geezers complaining about their Medicare?

Big claims, few details in anti-Obamacare ad alleging soaring costs
But! But! They have such "well informed" spokespeople...

Koch Bros. group leader: Extending Obamacare deadline takes health care from my children | The Raw Story

Old 03-27-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The latest poll on Americans showed that 40% don't even know that Obamacare is the law
Technically is it?

Old 03-27-2014, 07:54 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Sounds like someone is a little Tea Party obsessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies