Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:39 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,484,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post
THIS is SERIOUS!
Yes, it is serious, but we're not going to destroy the whole planet; God has other plans for it, and us.

Now, a limited nuclear exchange wouldn't challenge any Biblical prophecies, and, in fact, I think one is rather likely.

We've already passed the point of no return with regard to the environmental safety/survival of the Earth - without Divine intervention, but that means a relatively slow death. A limited nuclear exchange would speed that scenario up dramatically, and as I said, I think it rather likely that we'll see that soon. (BTW, I've been studying the possibility/probability for seventeen years now.)

There's the old saying:

Friend to neighbor: "Where's the safest place to be if a nuclear explosion occurs?"

Neighbor to friend: "Anywhere you can still say, "What the hell was that?""

The truth is: there is no 'safe' place.

Blessings to all.

Mahrie.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:26 AM

395 posts, read 546,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I agree. If they voted to be a part of Russia, why are we involved? We don't like when any other country tries to tell us what to do. Why do we have to always get involved? Did they try to stop us in Iraq or anywhere else in the middle east. We have enough issues and no money. What happens if China tells us to stay out of it or they will stop lending us money? That is the problem with us borrowing so much money. Whoever you owe money to has the leverage. You now become beholding to them. Whether on a personal level, national, or international level. We need to concentrate on getting out of debt and not owing anyone money. In the past, we were the lenders and that gave us leverage around the world. We are losing that leverage and respect around the world.
The Treasury notes situation is part of a more complicated picture.
US China Trade Deficit Explanation

Old 03-18-2014, 07:27 AM
sk2

64 posts, read 63,592 times
As the New York Times pointed out on Sunday that old Soviet Union voices are still heard in Russia and now gained more than an ear in directing policy. They want a COLD WAR! They want to stop AMERICA and most of Russia agrees with them.

We have a weak President with falling ratings that may need to push the peddle for his own legacy-

We have a Congress that only worries only about the next election that has fewer veterans in its ranks in its history-

We have an economy that is only backed up only by a Feb that can only print money

Old 03-18-2014, 07:39 AM

237 posts, read 392,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
You're a complete fool if you believe the absurd nonsense you're typing.

While it's certainly true that the United States could destroy Russia or any other state, Russia could do the same with its nuclear arsenal - your vague appeals to non-existent technologies with non-existent capabilities notwithstanding.

That's the entire point of having a strategic nuclear deterrent, which is why there will be no hot West-vs-Russia conflict over Ukraine.

What someone on Russian state TV said was simply something that has been true ever since the USSR built up a substantial number of ICBMs in the mid-1960s.

Turn off the James Bond movie you're watching, quit believing nonsense you read just because it's filled with big, technological-sounding words you don't understand, and get at least half a clue.

I have to agree with you completely. Alaskaboy has been stuck in some James Bond reruns, lol.

There are several countries that could singularly rending American a wasteland. If it happens I will just get in my Lotus and drive it into the ocean where it will transform into a submarine and I will go down to my underwater fortress.

The biggest problem of all is the United States is financially broke. The lights turn on because China allows it. The US Dollar is on the verge of being removed as the world currency. Economic destruction is realized without firing a shot!

Old 03-18-2014, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 1,794 times
I see someone here nasmotrelsya.Russkie tales is the people that nobody desires evil, but that it is better not to offend, which would then not be the most obizhenym.A you do not need to fight, your government should take care of the economy, so as she slowly comes Konets. your government sticks its long nose where it should not.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian99 View Post
your government sticks its long nose where it should not.
Yep.... Not ours to worry about

Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
I really don't know which side to support in case a war breaks out. On one hand I am an American citizen, on the other hand RF is my rodina and most of my family still lives there...

Old 03-18-2014, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 1,794 times
Will be no war, it is unnecessary to anyone, this list of expensive.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:38 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hah. Thanks for picking up on my pet peeve.

For those who don't understand IT's jibe, the word 'decimate' means to kill one person in ten. Deci- = one-tenth. Get it?
Quote:
dec·i·mate [des-uh-meyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), dec·i·mat·ed, dec·i·mat·ing.
1. to destroy a great number or proportion of: The population was decimated by a plague.

2.to select by lot and kill every tenth person of.

I used the word correctly.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:23 AM

368 posts, read 396,094 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies