Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:31 AM

91 posts, read 72,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Homosexuality is considered "political" by some but it's really not. Certain issues ARE political and I can see why someone wouldn't want signs support a particular bill or law. But just being gay? Nope. Not political.
Actually it is political, based on the actual definition of political.

po·lit·i·cal

[puh-lit-i-kuhl] Show IPA
adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with politics: political writers.

2. of, pertaining to, or connected with a political party: a political campaign.

Given that "gay rights" clearly fits into both of these categories, it's as political as it gets. Deal with it. It's even listed under the democrat party platform for christ sake.

The Democratic Party Platform | Democrats.org

Furthermore, if it isn't political, why do I keep seeing the subject brought up on this forum, given that this is a politics forum? Are you saying gay related posts shouldn't be allowed here and should be moved somewhere more appropriate?

Old 03-17-2014, 02:35 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amabokcuf View Post

po·lit·i·cal

2. of, pertaining to, or connected with a political party: a political campaign.

Given that "gay rights" clearly fits into both of these categories, it's as political as it gets. Deal with it. It's even listed under the democrat party platform for christ sake.

So u nchosen birth traits are political? This may surprise you but I knew I was gay when I was a kid. I wasn't into politics when I was a kid. Its no different than saying being pro Irish is political. Neither are chosen. Bring for or equality for a minority group isnt a political believe. Its a human rights belief.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
So u nchosen birth traits are political? This may surprise you but I knew I was gay when I was a kid. I wasn't into politics when I was a kid. Its no different than saying being pro Irish is political. Neither are chosen. Bring for or equality for a minority group isnt a political believe. Its a human rights belief.
It doesn't matter if it's "chosen", if it fits under the definition of the word political, it's political. You liberals need to stop trying to change the definition of words, first obama tries to change the meaning of freedom, and now this.
If you can point out how pro Irish topics have any relation to politics, then it is political. Since gay related subjects do, that's what makes it political. It's really as simple as that.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:50 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it's "chosen", if it fits under the definition of the word political, it's political. You liberals need to stop trying to change the definition of words, first obama tries to change the meaning of freedom, and now this.
Sorry but its not political and actually one of my pet peeve is making someone's life a political issue. Nope I am not a political issue. Being black isnt a political issue. People try to use minorities as political issues but its not. Were people born with a minority difference. Funny how I've nevet met an anti straight gay person. Its odd that someone would be anti any minority or anti any person. By default were guaranteed equality undet the law so people who are anti others are the only ones creating a political issue and being political.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:52 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

po·lit·i·cal

Furthermore, if it isn't political, why do I keep seeing the subject brought up on this forum, given that this is a politics forum? Are you saying gay related posts shouldn't be allowed here and should be moved somewhere more appropriate?
Yes, we know you hate Democrats and gays, Mr. Backwards Name. Who were you before you were banned?
In any case, I would love to, but he's married.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Yes, we know you hate Democrats and gays, Mr. Backwards Name. Who were you before you were banned?
In any case, I would love to, but he's married.
I never said I hated gays, all I've done is call it like it is. Feel free to show otherwise. I'm not going to make up or change definitions to argue something like you guys like to do. It doesn't seem like a very honest tactic. Personal attacks aren't very effective either, it basically means you admitted defeat which is unsurprising.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:57 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
I never said I hated gays, all I've done is call it like it is. Feel free to show otherwise. I'm not going to make up or change definitions to argue something like you guys like to do. It doesn't seem like a very honest tactic. Personal attacks aren't very effective either, it basically means you admitted defeat which is unsurprising.
You're the one whining about the gays, so I'm calling it like I see it.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You're the one whining about the gays, so I'm calling it like I see it.
No, they're the ones whining that they couldn't use the parade as a platform to further their political agenda. All I've done is point out the illegitimacy of their claims.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:02 AM

Quote:
No, they're the ones whining that they couldn't use the parade as a platform to further their political agenda. All I've done is point out the illegitimacy of their claims.
Marching to show pride in the gay community is not political. You cant promote homosexuality you either are or you aren't. Are you saying if we dont feel awful and about ourselves and ashamed we are being political? Are you saying that there's two viable equal sides to this?

Old 03-17-2014, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Marching to show pride in the gay community is not political. You cant promote homosexuality you either are or you aren't. Are you saying if we dont feel awful and about ourselves and ashamed we are being political? Are you saying that there's two viable equal sides to this?
It is political, I've already established that.

po·lit·i·cal

You can't say with a straight face that political campaigns and legislation aren't associated with gay rights. Therefore it's political. What would they even be marching for anyway if not to influence laws pertaining to gays?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies