Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 01:07 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,401 times

Advertisements

Ovaltine banned in Canada! My guess is Big Pharma is involved with the CFIA much the same as they control our FDA.

Marmite, Irn-Bru and Bovril banned in Canada after they fall foul of food additive rules - Americas - World - The Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 01:27 AM

279 posts, read 183,166 times
Food should not be stuffed with vitamins, overdosing on many vitamins is detrimental to one's health.
We have a vitamin craze fueled by multimillion dollar business opportunity and people who are careless suffer.
Food companies should not add to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Ovaltine banned in Canada! My guess is Big Pharma is involved with the CFIA much the same as they control our FDA.

Marmite, Irn-Bru and Bovril banned in Canada after they fall foul of food additive rules - Americas - World - The Independent

Old 03-17-2014, 04:35 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
Food should not be stuffed with vitamins, overdosing on many vitamins is detrimental to one's health.
We have a vitamin craze fueled by multimillion dollar business opportunity and people who are careless suffer.
Most foods are enriched with a minimal amount of vitamins, I don't think one would overdose on vitamins from food.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:44 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
So don't buy Ovaltine or don't buy vitamin supplements. Why do they need government to wipe their butts?

Old 03-17-2014, 04:55 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Why should your preference about government's responsibility to protect the people prevail? Who made you God?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
So, are you saying the government should have the right to ban something they find unhealthy? Sorry, I understand warnings about foods, but I do not want my government telling me what I can and can not consume. Gee maybe you think the government should decide who need vitamins. Would that work? I think not!!!!! Heck studies can't even tell us how much of this or that we need. Today it is one thing and tomorrow something else.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So, are you saying the government should have the right to ban something they find unhealthy? Sorry, I understand warnings about foods, but I do not want my government telling me what I can and can not consume.
Such bans are not on consumption, but rather on sale and distribution. But heck that was a cute attempt to deceive casual readers about the nature of what is being discussed and a cute attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that what you're effectively defending is the "right" for manufacturers, distributors and retailers should to put out all manner of worthless and potentially harmful crap, in the interest of making profit off of the general population's baser aspects. You should be getting your "Profits over People" decoder ring in the mail any day now.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:57 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So, are you saying the government should have the right to ban something they find unhealthy? Sorry, I understand warnings about foods, but I do not want my government telling me what I can and can not consume. Gee maybe you think the government should decide who need vitamins. Would that work? I think not!!!!! Heck studies can't even tell us how much of this or that we need. Today it is one thing and tomorrow something else.
If everyone felt this way our foods would undoubtedly be full of poisonous additives. I could only hope for MORE government oversight to keep our foods "relatively" free from contamination. You know, my food stores are full of American imported foods. I NEVER buy them at all. I have zero trust in foreign foods precisely because of people like you who wish to have their foods full of who knows what!!!

Old 03-17-2014, 06:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Hey it's done them so much good with the height of their basketball players and all. Cripes.

Growth hormones to accelerate the growth of chickens fer chrissake, then we eat that chit?

See any mention of antibiotics and those hormones fed to various animals listed in the ingredients list? NOPE!

Ever wonder why more resistant strains of bacteria develop?

You're too freak'n stupid to understand your food providers work to the same "for profit" guidline your medical establishment does; how's that turned out for you so far.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:55 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
In spite of any government regs, there all kinds of dangerous/ unhealthy foods on the market that it deems fit for consumption.
Its funny and creepy at the same time that people look to governments to tell them whats okay to ingest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies