Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 07:08 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Pot production accounts for 9% of the electicity use in CA

I'm not buying that one but even if so, legalization would allow it to be moved outside of hidden grow rooms. All the same, a little warmer is better and for those who are worried a little pot might chill them out some.

It wouldn't surprise me, I used to deliver coal to a greenhouse and in one month it would consume about as much coal that a house that size would consume in a year. As you pointed out legalization would move a lot of the production to the outdoors, I'm sure a lot of that energy is due to lighting besides heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 08:04 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Ethanol is food? You better consult your dietician lol

12% of corn production in the US is used for ethanol production.

Ethanol Producer Magazine ? The Latest News and Data About Ethanol Production

Old 03-18-2014, 08:05 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
What ever happened to growing plants in the sun?

Old 03-18-2014, 08:08 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
This is one time I would like the EPA to step in and regulate dope growth. All the water that is diverted for grow fields, etc.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 AM

15,066 posts, read 8,627,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure-

Reduce agricultural production for food and switch to pot. Brilliant
There is not an either or situation here, other than the threat of competition a renewed hemp industry would pose to existing industries like petroleum, cotton, etc.

Ironically, the US Constitution was drafted on hemp paper. Hemp rope has long since been replaced with petroleum based synthetics, and hemp makes excellent fabric suitable for clothing.

Then we have the medicinal value which directly affects the pharma cartel, whose hatred of natural health knows no boundary.

Perhaps the best way to gain widespread support will come when Monsanto decides to produce a GMO roundup ready variety of canabis ... then the floodgates of support with open. Anything that produces illness will be welcomed by our most powerful industry whose dedication to treating symptoms of illness with subsequent billions in profit will jump firmly on the bandwagon, touting it's wonderful benefits.

Oh, and I doubt the liquor industry is overly keen on legalization of marijuana, for obvious reasons. The opposition to marijuana/hemp includes some pretty powerful groups ... and it's all about the money.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:12 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A little liberal dilemma. Information released about pot production in CA reveals some interesting facts:

Pot production accounts for 9% of the electicity use in CA

The energy used for pot production could supply San Fran with electricity for one year

For every pound of pot grown, 4,200 pounds of CO2 is released into the atmosphere

24 Mind-Blowing Facts About Marijuana Production in America | Mother Jones

Now...................................... I guess since liberals are not hypocrites (right!), we will now see the global warming cultists strongly oppose the legalization of pot and its production in the US!
Oooooo, we need government - more regulations - get the EPA bureaucratic machine to dictate to pot growers the approved techniques and equipment authorized to grow pot.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:14 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
There is not an either or situation here, other than the threat of competition a renewed hemp industry would pose to existing industries like petroleum, cotton, etc.

Ironically, the US Constitution was drafted on hemp paper. Hemp rope has long since been replaced with petroleum based synthetics, and hemp makes excellent fabric suitable for clothing.

Then we have the medicinal value which directly affects the pharma cartel, whose hatred of natural health knows no boundary.

Perhaps the best way to gain widespread support will come when Monsanto decides to produce a GMO roundup ready variety of canabis ... then the floodgates of support with open. Anything that produces illness will be welcomed by our most powerful industry whose dedication to treating symptoms of illness with subsequent billions in profit will jump firmly on the bandwagon, touting it's wonderful benefits.

Oh, and I doubt the liquor industry is overly keen on legalization of marijuana, for obvious reasons. The opposition to marijuana/hemp includes some pretty powerful groups ... and it's all about the money.

You nailed it Guy.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:24 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It also stinks up the place. Same No Smoking rules as cigarettes should apply.
I would assume that they do. No smoking within a set distance of building entrances, in public places, bars, restaurants. Same with private residences, if they are in a common building-that nasty smoke might be smelled by neighbors.

I do have to wonder...does weed have to have the same health warnings on the package that cigs do?

Old 03-18-2014, 08:31 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Power outage caused by marijuana grow house, Volusia cops say | News - Home

Not sustainable.

Some things stoners don't want anyone to know.

24 Mind-Blowing Facts About Marijuana Production in America | Mother Jones

Old 03-18-2014, 08:32 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I would assume that they do. No smoking within a set distance of building entrances, in public places, bars, restaurants. Same with private residences, if they are in a common building-that nasty smoke might be smelled by neighbors.

I do have to wonder...does weed have to have the same health warnings on the package that cigs do?
Don't forget pot has a stronger odor then a cigarette smoke, and we may even need to increase the distances away from other people... so as not to offend their overly sensitive sense of smell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies