Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 12:50 PM
hvl

403 posts, read 551,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The above doesnt even make sense.

Egypt and Libya had DEMOCRATIC ELECTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL @democratic elections in Lybia.
Just LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 12:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
LOL.
Lefties hate Putin because gays.
Righties of the McCain variety hate Putin because he kept them from getting another war in Syria and for those guys another war is always a good thing.
Maybe the 2 types of Putin haters can find an agreement and the usa can launch a massive war against Russia in the name of gays or something like that.
So everybody hates Putin? Or only the compassionate liberals can "understand" him and hope to work things out.......lol

Old 03-19-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That's rich. Since Obama took office all you lefties have been doing is characterizing Obama as a "great leader", which is tiresome, especially when you refuse to see that he isn't.

You, like so many foolish liberals, assume that anyone that doesn't embrace, support, or have only kind words for Obama are on the right. Did it ever once occur to you that there may be a few dems that did not vote for him, don't support him, and share the same opinion as others in that has been a very poor president? That there are democrats who put their faith in him and believed in his "hope and change" have fallen to the wayside and no longer support him?

Just how do you know where I stand? Left, Right, Center, Independent? Hint: Look at my status.

From what I can see people are not praising Putin because clearly he is a certified nut job. Because people are laughing with him as to his treatment of Obama, is not a show of support. Obviously you can't grasp that.
You make very valid points......Putin is a KGB commie and nobody supports him.........he forces people too. That is the problem. Our great leader golfs.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:07 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You make very valid points......Putin is a KGB commie and nobody supports him.........he forces people too. That is the problem. Our great leader golfs.
Whether you support him or not, many (not all) on the right seem to applaud him. Evidently those many subscribe to the conceit, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So as much as they might repudiate Putin's actions, as long as those actions impact President Obama in a negative way, then those actions are tolerated, and their perpetrator is applauded.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:32 PM

Who is applauding Putin?

Old 03-19-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Who is applauding Putin?
Well, this is an anonymous forum, but there are some people who said they'd prefer Putin to Obama as President. I think that would be an affirmation. And I've read some posts about Putin dominating Obama, and those posters aren't criticizing Putin, they are criticizing Obama. So that's a form of affirmation as well.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:40 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And I've read some posts about Putin dominating Obama, and those posters aren't criticizing Putin, they are criticizing Obama. So that's a form of affirmation as well.
That's a stretch. It's quite clear that Putin is much more respected than Obama, but that doesn't necessarily make that an affirmation of Putin. One can respect their opponent.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's a stretch. It's quite clear that Putin is much more respected than Obama, but that doesn't necessarily make that an affirmation of Putin. One can respect their opponent.
It's quite clear that some people respect Putin much more than they respect Obama. And that is clearly an affirmation. Respect is an affirmation.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:51 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's quite clear that some people respect Putin much more than they respect Obama. And that is clearly an affirmation. Respect is an affirmation.
"The 80s called, they want their foreign policy back."

-Some Buffoon

Old 03-19-2014, 01:52 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Who is applauding Putin?
I think Putin is a fool for taking on more headaches, but whatever, not our problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies