Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 03:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Worship and respect do not necessarily coexist. Not sure why you're insisting they always must. Under-informed? Inexperienced? Ignorant? Which?
It really doesn't matter.

You are still citing Russian propaganda as if it is representative of worldwide opinion, you are still acting as if your opinion of Obama is the dominant opinion, and your praise of Russia is discordant. I can't imagine that you actually approve of Putin's actions. Understand them, yes. But approve of them? So citing the propaganda they are using to defend their actions because that propaganda criticizes President Obama suggests your hatred of Obama outweighs any other considerations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 04:01 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It really doesn't matter.

You are still citing Russian propaganda as if it is representative of worldwide opinion
In regards to what the Russian Deputy PM tweeted, it actually IS. What Obama did clearly showed a complete lack of critical thinking, and as such was perceived by much of the entire world as a joke.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
No, it was actually Finn_Jarber who did so. I said they don't necessarily equate.
I actually know who said what.

Finn remarked in a post about your praise of Putin. He didn't say worship at all. And you replied:

"I said he's playing world class chess. One's enemy can play world class chess. That doesn't mean one worships one's enemy. Why do I have to explain this to you? Are you so far gone that logic has fled?"

YOU brought up "worship". All Finn remarked upon was your praise of Putin. You then used the word "worship". Which prompted my remark about praise being equated with worship. And you've accused liberals of "worshipping" Obama in past posts, just because they supported Obama in some way. I realize that Finn ran with this concept. But I did not.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I actually know who said what.

Finn remarked in a post about your praise of Putin. He didn't say worship at all.
You're under-informed, as usual.

I, and then Finn in reply to me, said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Quote:
It's not a one country on one country thing. It's global. Putin looks competent. Obama looks ridiculously incompetent and weak. The Russian Deputy PM's globally accessible tweets ridiculing Obama make that exceedingly obvious.
You commie worship is ridiculous.

Pull yourselves together folks. Don't side with the enemy.
You clearly can't follow a simple discussion. Perhaps you should bow out, gracefully.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Bottom line is the world thinks Obama is a huge joke.

And based on past actions, he is.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Worship and respect do not necessarily coexist.
Your overwhelming displays of "respect" for the commies crosses the line and becomes worship / praise.

I understand you are simply infatuated by Putin, but you need to pick the right side. Pick USA.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:37 PM

I always pick the USA.

But you have to admire Putin's sense of timing. Weak-assed POTUS+weak-assed EU and Britain= opportunity for expansion.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
But you have to admire Putin's sense of timing. Weak-assed POTUS+weak-assed EU and Britain= opportunity for expansion.
I admire nothing about commies. That's your game, not mine. Besides, it was not his timing, it was the timing of the Ukrainian protestors. We have had the same president for over five years, and EU is not any stronger or weaker than before.

You admire bullies and call US weak, and yet somehow people are supposed to believe you always pick US. You picked poorly on this one.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Your overwhelming displays of "respect" for the commies crosses the line and becomes worship / praise.
You really have no clue. Russia's Deputy PM publicly ridiculed Obama on twitter, TWICE, and deservedly so. Putin didn't act so ridiculously incompetent as to draw such derision, so he justly garners more global respect than does Obama.

Quote:
I understand you are simply infatuated by Putin, but you need to pick the right side. Pick USA.
Nothing could be further from the truth. I strongly dislike Putin. That does not change the fact that he is FAR more capable and competent than Obama.

Why are you thinking in such puerile terms? Are you very young?

Old 03-19-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I admire nothing about commies. That's your game, not mine. Besides, it was not his timing, it was the timing of the Ukrainian protestors. We have had the same president for over five years, and EU is not any stronger or weaker than before.

You admire bullies and call US weak, and yet somehow people are supposed to believe you always pick US. You picked poorly on this one.
I called it right. Your hero put his hands over his ears and went LALALALALALALALALALA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies