Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 01:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
What kind of childish, self-centered b*tch just caves in like that and throws a boy under a bus by suddenly blurting out that she doesn't know him? I hope she's tormented by this tragedy every last waking second of her empty and meaningless life.
She is young and didn't expect it would end in a death. She will be haunted by her mistake for sure.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:13 AM

395 posts, read 545,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I can state this as a matter of fact, having raised 2 daughters.

If I heard noises in my daughter's room, and found a boy in there, and my daughter claimed she didn't know who he was, I would probably shoot as well.

As for the parents wanting the fther charged with murder, technically, they are an accessory, since he was their son, 16 years old, and they SHOULD know where he is at that time of night.

Mother of Houston teen allegedly shot by girlfriend
So many better choices...a bellow that he leave, a warning shot over his shoulder, if it had been the girl who fired on a strange man entering her window, it would be another matter. But a grown man with a weapon, surely would not have felt the same level of panic.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
a grown man with a weapon, surely would not have felt the same level of panic.
I think anger was the emotion. It was his daughter he thought had been raped by a stranger.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:21 AM

395 posts, read 545,993 times
If the motivation was anger and not defense...then it was truly murder. Sad.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
If the motivation was anger and not defense...then it was truly murder. Sad.
Are you not allowed to kill someone who is caught in the act of raping your wife or daughter? Really?

Old 03-19-2014, 02:57 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Are you not allowed to kill someone who is caught in the act of raping your wife or daughter? Really?
Another fairy tale. There was no rape.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Another fairy tale. There was no rape.
That'll be a defense in court. It is clear from the girl's statements that there was no actual rape. The question is, what did the father believe at the moment he shot the guy.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:30 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The conceal and carry or any firearm owners permit does not instantly mean "shoot first ask questions later".
This isn't a permit issue. No CWP is needed inside one's home.

And finding an intruder inside one's home is certainly a shoot-first situation, particularly when the intruder has been identified (properly or not) as an unknown person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This situation could have been handled very differently no matter what the daughter told her father.
Coulda-Woulda-Shouda.

He's dead, Jim.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:42 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This is a case where Darwin wins.

Dad's house isn't the best choice. Most of us knew this and found a nice hey field, barn, back seat in a car etc. Tagging in daddy's house should always be at the bottom of the list. The blatant disrespect won't win you any points.
The only points the intruder got were hollow points!

Darwin has no forgiveness or sense of humor. The stupid often get taken out of the gene pool early and in a messy way through their own actions.

Deserved or not, the kid created the situation which led to his own demise. Tagging a lying skank isn't a good choice, and actions have consequences.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:23 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Of course there's something preconceived about your opinion. You've self admitted it's based on decades of experience.

What specific experience do you have of this event other than what is being reported?

If you're applying your decades of experience to this event you are applying your preconceived opinion.

So if no one was there there would be no tragedy, true or false?

The killing machine is the human being, and it will use whatever tool it can to achieve that end if it so desires. Everything else present in that situation would not cause this tragedy without a human being in control of it.

So we agree, that if you take the killing machine away, you have no tragedy, we just disagree on what the killing machine is.
We don't agree at all.

The vast majority of people are not killing machines and I've heard no facts presented that would lead us to believe that this father was one, either. But.......put a gun in the hand of any human being and place them in a scenario where emotions suddenly run wild and you have a killer that would never, ever otherwise be one.

Here we have yet another gun owner - likely well-intentioned - whose gun did no protecting, but served only to wreak havoc on his family's future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies