Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 12:01 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
You guys are hopeless gun nuts. One can only hope this will happen to your own kids so your eyes will open.

Ahh yes... and there you have it folks. So you're anti-gun, yet would have no problem using a gun to exact revenge on a guy because he was defending his home, and wishing hateful s*** on others as well because they support the guy for doing so!

Old 03-19-2014, 12:01 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
When discovered by the homeowner, the person who allegedly would have invited him denied doing so. Based on the best available information, that reasonably made him an intruder, likely a dangerous one given that he was discovered within the bedroom of a minor child. Under such conditions, he was deemed to be threatening and dispatched, as is well within the rights of the homeowner. Case closed.
Plus it's in Texas, so case closed and ledger thrown in the fire.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:02 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Nobody is disputing that. But back then, we used our brains and realized that banging someone's daughter while the parents were home was not smart, (especially sneaking into the house) could present some unfavorable consequences, like an a** whoopin', being shot or God knows what. Therefore; we were more discreet about it.
No, just an a**whoopin, no killing. Kids do stupid things all the time. If it's true the daughter lied about knowing the guy, she broke the rules about just taking your punishment when you get caught.

My sister used to sneak her boyfriends in the house at night and paid me to keep my mouth shut and alert her to any parental danger. Maybe this girl should have done the same and had help covering up the act.

Kids are maybe too stupid to sneak these days, not like the experts some of us were back in the day.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:02 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Just ignore the troll, whatever lead to this person being banned from here the first time will come around soon enough.
Understood but just because some people don't agree with something on a forums gives no right for some idiot to wish death upon our kids. I take that as a direct threat and that doesn't sit well. Yeah we can argue and disagree etc but to start making comments like that is a bit tad over board.

This thread is done/ Close

Old 03-19-2014, 12:17 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
And what federal laws do you imagine to be involved here?

Entering the home under the conditions which he did and was discovered warrant him being shot. See my earlier posts.

I'm teaching my child the value of critical thinking and anticipating results from actions chosen.

Young minds make mistakes. This just happened to be a fatal one.
The father didn't shoot when he discovered the boy. He 1st asked the lying girl if she knew him, then if you believe dad, got into an argument with the kid who then 'reached for something.' How can you not see this was an anger killing, not fear or protection.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:18 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
The father probably only "allowed" his daughter to have a lock on the outside of her door.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:32 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The father didn't shoot when he discovered the boy. He 1st asked the lying girl if she knew him, then if you believe dad, got into an argument with the kid who then 'reached for something.' How can you not see this was an anger killing, not fear or protection.
If the kid was shot when reaching after being told to hold still, then it can be said that the shot was fired in response to that action which was interpreted as the intruder possibly reaching for a weapon or other instrument with which to attack the homeowner. What part of "Stop, Don't Move" did he not understand, especially when there was a gun pointed at him?

Where do you see anger as the prime motivator for shooting him, particularly when he was given the opportunity to remain still rather than being shot instantly upon discovery? Had he remained silent and immobile with hands raised he may not have been shot. Doing anything else dropped his odds considerably.

There is what happened, then there is the story told about what happened, and then there are the stories the reporters wrote. Most likely three very different things. The only constant is a dead 17 y.o. in a house not his, in the bedroom of a minor girl late at night, with her father as the shooter. Everything else is conjecture.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:40 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
So if your daughter was invited over by her boyfriend and was shot by the boyfriends father you'd simply say it's all my fault?
What makes you think any child - or any person in the house has the right to invite someone over. Especially after hours. If the owner of the house gave no permission, then there is no "right" to be in the house. No "right" to be in any daughter's bedroom. And definitely no "right" to be in the daughter's bed.

And every 17 YO boy in this country knows this fact. Or else, like this one he is an idiot.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The father probably only "allowed" his daughter to have a lock on the outside of her door.
My kids rooms have the doorknobs removed........always have. There is no reason to have a lock on either side IMO.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
And every 17 YO boy in this country knows this fact. Or else, like this one he is an idiot.
Yes they do. They are all idiots though which I try and tell my 17yo boy and 14yo daughter. Kids are dummies...........but don't do anything stupid enough to get yourself killed. World is ahead of you not behind. Stupid kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies