Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 11:08 PM

279 posts, read 183,255 times

Advertisements

No, he carries a cyanide capsule just for these scenarios. Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So, if you don't have health insurance and get hit by a car or get cancer, you want other Americans to pay for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 03:58 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
This is a classic example of how most people know so little about the ACA. The claim is paid by the insurance company. Many people will have tax subsidies but the claims are paid by insurance. In this case there probably wasnt a subsidy. He paid insurance and his insurance company paid the claim. Just like auto, fire, and health insurance last year.
Thanks for the input, Nancy Pelosi.
Oh, that's right, that dinosaur skunk doesn't know jack squat about oblamercare either.
But BORREGOKID does! yeah, right lol

Old 03-19-2014, 04:00 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So, if you don't have health insurance and get hit by a car or get cancer, you want other Americans to pay for it?
Just these lib pu$$ies too lazy to work do.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:31 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I friend of mine just signed up for Covered California. He was uninsured as he's an independent contractor. He ended up needing an emergency appendectomy, 2 weeks later.

Cost without insurance: $22k
Cost with insurance: $100

*He is a 32 year old healthy male
I'll bite. What level coverage did he purchase? What subsidies did he qualify for? Was he below the 250% income limits?

Your numbers aren't in tune with covered california's website even for the platinum plans. They have $150 ER copayment alone and a daily hospital co pay that is even higher.

Sounds like BS about only paying $100

Old 03-19-2014, 05:35 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why do you folks make up crap all the time. It really is ridiculous and can bee seen a mile away when you start spouting the "tea party" nonsense.
Obamacare is Bush's fault.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:11 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Obamacare is Bush's fault.
Actually, it's really Mitt Romney's fault, since it's his plan for Massachusetts at its core.

But thanks for playing.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
? Do you not understand the concepts on how insurance works

Principles of actuarial risk and what not? There's a whole ton of math going on to make sure that even if the insurance company does have to pay a bunch on one guy, they make out like bandits overall.
yes I do understand what INSURANCE is...it is RISK MANAGEMENT

what happens to your car insurance if you have a couple or accidents or ticket....your cost goes up

what happens when you make a claim on your home insurance...your cost (premium) goes up

if you become high risk, you will either not be able to get insurance, or you will pay through the nose

apparently the people on C-D don't understand what INSURANCE actually is

Old 03-19-2014, 07:36 AM

9,860 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My husband's employer's large group healthcare plan has been ACA compliant for 2 years. His employer and BCBS have teamed up to address the preventative aspects. My husband earns points for walking 10,000 steps a day, eating X servings of fruit, getting an annual physical and losing 20 pounds and keeping it off. The points are a financial incentive in that they reduce the employee's share of the premium.

The Wellness Program is volunteer. No employee is forced to participate. Interestingly, the employer reports that it's the young males who mostly have chosen not to participate and they pay a higher premium because of it.
Now I don't see how rewarding people for healthy habits is fair in an employer plan when it's not allowed in an individual ACA compliant plan.

Our current non-ACA insurance is half the cost of a bronze plan, we qualified for it based on our health and it has a vanishing deductible if we stay healthy. In the bronze plan, we have to pay the same rate as unhealthy people, which is an extra $600 a month for our family. Sickening that your family is rewarded and mine is penalized.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:04 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Actually, it's really Mitt Romney's fault, since it's his plan for Massachusetts at its core.

But thanks for playing.
I was not aware Mitt Romney was president.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:11 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I was not aware Mitt Romney was president.

Irrelevant.

He's the one who developed it. (with the help of conservative think tanks).

So, if anyone's to blame, it's them. Obama implemented it only because single payer is a non-starter at least for a few more years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies