Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 10:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
My point, Erik, was that although I may be socially liberal, I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my pocket. That's all national elections are about: money. I will not now or ever be liberal with my money. I work too hard for it.

I've yet to see a republican seriously try to hold women down socially by using policy. Therefor the liberal outrage and screams of war on women fall on very deaf ears to women that posess a brain along with a voter registration card.
Yep, and at least those woman can get a voter registration card unlike liberals who scream its too hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 11:03 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Why do married women vote republican and single women vote democrat?

They don't. Next question..........

Old 03-19-2014, 11:13 PM

510 posts, read 430,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Why do married women vote republican and single women vote democrat?

They don't. Next question..........
Yes, because while technically true any woman who would vote Republican isn't actually a woman in the political sense. She is a pathetic kitchen slave to the Demonic Pale Male Patriarchy.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am sure there are many reasons, but I am guessing one reason: as we age, we normally become more conservative and not so idealistic. Unmarried women, on the whole are younger, thus they are more liberal in their thinking. Again, I am generalizing. As for me, I was married at the same time as I became old enough to vote: it was 21 when I was a kid. I have always been a registered Republican, but have voted both ways. As a young, college person, though I claimed to be a Republican (the words liberal and conservative were not used then) I actually had some pretty liberal views on social issues. I was mildly pro abortion and I was against capitol punishment. I was totally in favor of equal rights for everyone. The only reason I even registered as a Republican was dad was one and I always did what daddy said to do. As the years moved on, I realized why I did what daddy said to do.
You no longer hold these views ?

I have also yet to understand the argument that people grow more conservative as they grow older. Less idealistic, yes, but conservative no.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,910,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Like why is this and what's the reason for the difference? For this thread id like to hear mainly women's opinions on this. If you're a married woman who votes for the GOP did you vote for them when you were single? Is it simply an age thing and not a marriage one?

I asked this question because the GOP chair said they don't have a women problem they have a single women under 30 problem(and its true).

Married women are usually worried about protecting earned assets and raising family, while younger single women are more worried about gaining a mate rather than planning on being self sufficient, so they need free stuff from Obamie and his ilk.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Married women are usually worried about protecting earned assets and raising family, while younger single women are more worried about gaining a mate rather than planning on being self sufficient, so they need free stuff from Obamie and his ilk.
Free birth control!

Old 03-20-2014, 12:55 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
I'm by no means a feminist, but that's a pretty sexist statement

Old 03-20-2014, 01:06 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,006,642 times
The probability of a single woman depending on government subsidies is significantly higher than it is for married women. This probably multiplies when you throw children into the mix.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Single poor woman are generally not happy and who can blame them. They are responsible for raising a family on their own while the dad is off playing. They live a life in the "it should be this way or should be that way" and keep hoping their life would change for the better and that is why Obama was able to sell "hope and change" to them so easily. You have to give Obama credit, he knew exactly how to play people.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:14 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The probability of a single woman depending on government subsidies is significantly higher than it is for married women. This probably multiplies when you throw children into the mix.
Aren't all women single at one point in their lives??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies