Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 01:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I find it sad that people won't defend their positions but yet continue to believe they are right.
I already defended the position.

Property rights..

You are the one who have argued nothing of substance other than to believe you are right..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Civil Rights Act, which is 50 years old, this year.
Which has already been argued as ridiculous considering they werent denied access for being a muslim..

p.s. the 50 year old legisliaton delt with interstate commerce..

Outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin in hotels, motels, restaurants, theaters, and all other public accommodations engaged in interstate commerce; exempted private clubs without defining the term "private

Governmet
Prohibited state and municipal governments from denying access to public facilities on grounds of race, color, religion or national origin.

and employment
Prohibits discrimination by covered employers on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin

NOT private property and who can use it at will. Try again

Old 03-20-2014, 01:11 PM

650 posts, read 514,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post

good point

Old 03-20-2014, 01:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I already defended the position.

Property rights..

You are the one who have argued nothing of substance other than to believe you are right..
Why would anyone want to remove these people? We are not discussing if they are allowed to, I am asking you why you would want to? You seem unwilling to answer.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Why would anyone want to remove these people? We are not discussing if they are allowed to, I am asking you why you would want to? You seem unwilling to answer.
You seem to be under the impression one needs a reason to remove others from property they dont own.

Where did you learn this nonsense from?

I cant answer the question since I wasnt there.. Were you? All I know is others have gone up there, presumably other muslims as well and not had an issue.

To preclude this one family was singled out for no other reason then they were muslim is ridiculous, almost as dumb as believing one needs a reason to remove others from private property.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:16 PM

650 posts, read 514,019 times
Quote:

because it was planned, not something which was an effect of some large happening outweighing everyone else's plans, and not inspired in the moment, planned. Regardless of everyone else and the fair expectations of the ambiance in setting and its planned out function. If someone wants to plan to go to church , they have the freedom to choose to go, or plan not to go.

Last edited by alexcanter; 03-20-2014 at 01:27 PM..

Old 03-20-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
You seem to be under the impression one needs a reason to remove others from property they dont own.
Being that as far as I know they Empire State Building doesn't just throw people out and the story doesn't seem to be backing that idea, yeah, I'm not going to argue that.

Quote:
To preclude this one family was singled out for no other reason then they were muslim is ridiculous, almost as dumb as believing one needs a reason to remove others from private property.
It's too bad you keep on falling back on strawmen. Nobody is arguing that they were tossed for simply being Muslim.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Being that as far as I know they Empire State Building doesn't just throw people out and the story doesn't seem to be backing that idea, yeah, I'm not going to argue that.

It's too bad you keep on falling back on strawmen. Nobody is arguing that they were tossed for simply being Muslim.
As hammer has pointed out numerous times, yes they are..

they were tossed out for being muslims, who prayed... Without being a muslim, their prayer wouldnt have bothered others, which is their exact argument..

Old 03-20-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
because it was planned, not something which was an effect of some large happening, and not inspired regardless of the fair and reasonable expectation in the planned ambiance of the setting in the function of the facility for all and their reasonable expectations. If someone wants to go to church , they have the freedom to choose to go, or not to go.
From what I understand Muslim prayer generally is planned. I'm not an expert but don't they usually plan their prayer times? So if they are somewhere when they are supposed to pray, they do.

What's the problem?

As I note, I've sat next to people who pray before their meals. So what? Should they also wait until they get to church to do that?

Old 03-20-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
As hammer has pointed out numerous times, yes they are..

they were tossed out for being muslims, who prayed... Without being a muslim, their prayer wouldnt have bothered others, which is their exact argument..
I already noted this also. They scare you. You seem to believe in the idea of guilt by association. I find that irrational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies