Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 06:27 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
Haha. When I lived in a mostly muslim country, I got used to the evening call, but I still bribed the maintenance man at the mosque to turn the speakers the other way, a few times a year.
Yes that can be a lil annoying lol but i think everyone gets used to it. When i was back home , i think i had more of an issue with the damn rooster next door waking me up then the calls coming from the Mosques.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 07:17 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
ht

Why would a Muslim pray in a synagouge?
Meant to say mosque.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

We should treat Muslims in western countries the same way Muslims treat westerners in Islamic countries. IE if they treat us well in their countries, then we treat them well in ours. On the otherhand if they treat us like crap in their nations, then why should we still treat them well? Why is it ALWAYS us that have to bend over backwards for them and never vise versa??
Because that is why the country was founded.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

We should treat Muslims in western countries the same way Muslims treat westerners in Islamic countries. IE if they treat us well in their countries, then we treat them well in ours. On the otherhand if they treat us like crap in their nations, then why should we still treat them well? Why is it ALWAYS us that have to bend over backwards for them and never vise versa??

And are Muslims EVER grateful to us for giving them so much room to do things here that they would likely be restricted from or even barred from doing in their home countries? Very rarely if ever. Mostly its the more you give, the more they demand and the more they take.

And again its interesting how this type of public religious display would never be allowed in an Islamic state for Christians, Catholics etc, but since its America, we MUST allow it and adapt to it or else we're Islamophobes. >_>

And also if Muslims are trying to get people to believe they're peaceful and non-threatening and only want to be your friends, this NOT the way to do it. Muslims keep doing crap like this all over the place and then they wonder why so many people hate them and their religion. WELL THIS IS WHY!
American Muslims should be grateful to Americans because non-Muslim Americans "allow" them to live and practice their faith in the US? Do you think the US should put restrictions on American Muslims?

Why lookie, lookie, Jews parading in Brooklyn with religious symbols!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1w1koXNkWw

Jewish Pride Parade in Brooklyn where streets were closed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt4rPkn45yk

How about Jews blocking Fifth Avenue in NYC celebrating Israel Day Parade?

Should we stop the St Patrick's Day Parade on Fifth Avenue in NYC?

Should Jews and Catholics be "grateful" to Americans because they can celebrate in the streets?

Why makes you think Muslims want to be your friend and everyone else's friend?

Maybe you should move to Israel where you will be more comfortable and in your element.

How is praying showing aggression or being non-peaceful?

Why don't you take a step back and look at your own hatred for people of a different religion?

Last edited by softblueyz; 03-21-2014 at 10:28 AM..

Old 03-21-2014, 11:45 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
American Muslims should be grateful to Americans because non-Muslim Americans "allow" them to live and practice their faith in the US? Do you think the US should put restrictions on American Muslims?

Why lookie, lookie, Jews parading in Brooklyn with religious symbols!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1w1koXNkWw

Jewish Pride Parade in Brooklyn where streets were closed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt4rPkn45yk

How about Jews blocking Fifth Avenue in NYC celebrating Israel Day Parade?

Should we stop the St Patrick's Day Parade on Fifth Avenue in NYC?

Should Jews and Catholics be "grateful" to Americans because they can celebrate in the streets?

Why makes you think Muslims want to be your friend and everyone else's friend?

Maybe you should move to Israel where you will be more comfortable and in your element.

How is praying showing aggression or being non-peaceful?

Why don't you take a step back and look at your own hatred for people of a different religion?
Did the Muslim family have a permit to pray at the Empire State Building?

Old 03-21-2014, 11:46 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Did the Muslim family have a permit to pray at the Empire State Building?
Does the Empire State Building require one?

Old 03-21-2014, 05:24 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They do it every Christmas and well now Easter is coming so we will see it coming up soon here. No public display of religion...........waaaa somebody put up a cross. Well what is the difference here? Only liberals know I guess.
If you're going say it, say it correctly: No religious displays on taxpayer funded property, which means no cross on the courthouse lawn or in public parks or in public schools. You can throw up a cross in your front yard, if you like, or in front of your church - and no one will stop you.

As for the Muslim family praying atop the ESB, if they were not blocking traffic on the observation deck AND they were not violating any EBS policies, then they should have been left alone.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Oh gimme a break. These folks are trying to get a lawsuit going. They should have been left alone??? They should have been tossed like they were. Go pray at home or in your church.........isn't that what liberals always scream? Oh but they defend muslims to do what they want. Now why is that anyway?

Old 03-21-2014, 06:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh gimme a break. These folks are trying to get a lawsuit going. They should have been left alone??? They should have been tossed like they were. Go pray at home or in your church.........isn't that what liberals always scream? Oh but they defend muslims to do what they want. Now why is that anyway?
I defend anyone on their right to simply pray when they want to. I don't think you really disagree.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:10 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I defend anyone on their right to simply pray when they want to. I don't think you really disagree.
Liberals only want you to pray on private property and even then complain. So it goes............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies