Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:56 AM

79 posts, read 49,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Wow, sounds like you are threatening to murder us. All these horrific names from other posters and now this threat of death from you. AND, you wonder why we need to fight for our rights. I'm speechless.

BTW, if, god forbid, you do kill someone. You know that the consequences will be on you. I hope you are sentenced to prison for the rest of your sad life.
Really? I had Scripture posted to me and I posted Scripture in return. Don't be a drama queen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 11:57 AM

79 posts, read 49,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Well, in that particular case, I guess the bible doesn't call for action against most gay men. Not to mention the fact that this doesn't mention lesbians at all.
Okay

Old 03-21-2014, 12:17 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkurtz View Post
New International Version
"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Let me guess. With your quotation of a law from Leviticus, you are a Christian denying the transformation that Jesus brought about and that is revealed in the New Testament, right? :roll eyes: You might want to spend some time educating yourself with Galatians.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:20 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Really? I had Scripture posted to me and I posted Scripture in return. Don't be a drama queen.
Hey, I'm not upset. But if you think that me not wanting you to murder me because I am gay makes me a "drama queen" then I don't know what to say. I don't believe in your scripture. Keep it to yourself and do not, I repeat, do not use it as justification to kill your fellow human being. That defense will not hod up in court. Maybe you won't but you help put the idea in others mind that it is okay to kill in the name of your god. Peace dude...

Old 03-21-2014, 12:24 PM

970 posts, read 2,213,291 times
The ban is stupid. When I was in high school there were all sorts of stories in the yearbook. Students got spotlighted for many things, including outside of school activities like hunting, water skiing, etc that were considered a part of growing up. Parents could also pay for a page or half page dedicated to their graduating child and write notes gushing about their babies growing up.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:49 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Gays are utterly obsessed with themselves. It's all about them and their gay, gay, gayness. If you don't allow them to constantly wallow in their gay victimization, and their smug gay self-congratulatory parties for 'coming out' and announcing what everybody already knows, then you are a homophobe.
No, it is the phobes who are obsessed. Almost all of the gay posts are initiated by those motivated by hatred, obsessed with provoking controversy surrounding gay issues, which put those of us that are more enlightened on the defense, forcing us to deter the onslaught of lies and misinformation spewed by the homophobes, meant to inflame the masses.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Most gay men don't lead monogamous lives and they have a high chance of getting HIV.
Did you ever consider, maybe this is because for decades gay men were forced to live their lives "under cover?" That the way gay men had to survive was living in the closet? That gay relationships were always severely discouraged, and gays had to be concerned constantly about how disclosure would affect their careers, and the possibility of being excommunicated by their families?

In contrast look at how straight men are encouraged to form relationships with women leading to marriage. Straight men often have peer pressure to get married. Look at how marriage, and weddings in general are celebrated with straight people. A stark contrast.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
New International Version
"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed, (Deuteronomy 22:13-21). So women who are not virgins upon marriage shall be put to death as well. Also, parents have the right to put their children to death for disobeying.

So, perhaps this scripture should be presented as justification as a ballot measure as well? Just like SSM was.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Did you ever consider, maybe this is because for decades gay men were forced to live their lives "under cover?" That the way gay men had to survive was living in the closet? That gay relationships were always severely discouraged, and gays had to be concerned constantly about how disclosure would affect their careers, and the possibility of being excommunicated by their families?

In contrast look at how straight men are encouraged to form relationships with women leading to marriage. Straight men often have peer pressure to get married. Look at how marriage, and weddings in general are celebrated with straight people. A stark contrast.
Bull crap.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why must gays feel the need to say they are gay everywhere? Its a yearbook, who promotes sexuality in a year book?
I would love to know where this information is coming from as we haven't seen a word about it in our papers or on the news. I do remember a couple of similar stories a few years ago, but not recently. That being said, I don't think a year book is the place for stories about sexuality. And I am gathering, from the title of your posting that is what this is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies