Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:00 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,302,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Do gays deserve equal rights? Yes. But they don't deserve special rights over others, which is what they're doing.

Okay since you mentioned this ... I will ask you ... What are these "special rights" you speak of .... I will be leaving in a few minutes but will be back on tomorrow some time to read your answer ... I don't expect anything though, none of ya'll that spout off with this "special rights" stuff has been able to answer.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:03 PM

650 posts, read 512,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I saw the pictures, they're from Canada. Got anything from America?

I asked you to provide some statistical evidence and you reply, without supplying that evidence, but again implying that somehow public nudity and sex is the norm, rather than the rare exception at these events.

I, and other people have already pointed out that we've actually seen these events ourselves right here in America and haven't seen what you claim happens. If your contention that this is somehow the norm, than you simply must provide some kind of evidence that supports that contention.

However, a few anecdotal instances of nudity at gay pride events doesn't really suggest anything about the gay community as a whole in any event. As I already pointed out (and you can google it to see the pictures for yourself--and there are kids in the crowds watching there as well) every year, Seattle has a very public naked bike ride (and Seattle isn't the only major city that has naked bike rides, there's actually quite a few). In fact, I'd go as far as to bet that naked bike rides are more common than nudity in gay pride parades, which I think pretty much undermines whatever point you were trying to make about the gay community by yoking them as a whole to a few rare instances of what might be called "indecent" public behavior.

Adults wiggling down the street calling attention to an issue concerning a mating theme , removes the intimacy associated with the human function, and into a group . That's the deal, don't really care from this point but that's the deal.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:07 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,377,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Exactly - what parades? I've been to roughly a dozen gay pride parades in multiple cities (Denver, Seattle, Portland, Vancouver BC, San Francisco) and I've never once seen sex or exposed genitals.

I'll I saw was church after church after politician after politician after business after business march by advertising. That's why I stopped going to gay pride parades about 5 years ago - they're so damn boring.
I saw a bunch of naked people marching right down Market Street in SF once. But it wasn't a gay pride parade- it was an anti-Iraq war protest.

Some of them MAY have been gay... Is there an easy way to tell?

(I love threads like this)

Old 03-21-2014, 11:08 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,377,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Okay since you mentioned this ... I will ask you ... What are these "special rights" you speak of .... I will be leaving in a few minutes but will be back on tomorrow some time to read your answer ... I don't expect anything though, none of ya'll that spout off with this "special rights" stuff has been able to answer.
Special rights to equality, obviously... Sheesh!

Old 03-21-2014, 11:16 PM

31,944 posts, read 14,943,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well some straights don't ever want to get pregnant when they have sex but have sex anyway. The pill has turned sex into only recreation for many and that is sad. Straights have a lot to answer for the way society is now. Playing around, abortions, etc. The downhill slide started with straights but it's being added to more and more each year with more sexual deviancy. No one knows where it will end.
Yikes, so what is sex supposed to be besides recreation and pleasure. Isn't that what sex is all about???

Old 03-21-2014, 11:23 PM

The sexual act is an expression which includes the rationale in human's. Unless it is an irrational and mindless communication.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,463,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
Adults wiggling down the street calling attention to an issue concerning a mating theme , removes the intimacy associated with the human function, and into a group . That's the deal, don't really care from this point but that's the deal.

What wedding have they been to?

Old 03-21-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I don't consider it a lie (necessarily) but it's not what I was asking. I was asking for hard, statistical evidence, not anecdotal evidence from the anti-gay brigade.

My own anecdotal evidence is that the gay pride parades in Seattle and Tacoma don't feature nudity and public sex. However, the decidedly not gay (although I'm sure there's gay people participating, it's not a gay event) solstice bike ride in Seattle does feature nudity, every year.

So I see your anecdotal evidence and raise you anecdotal evidence of a regular public display of naked (mostly) straight people.

Well there will be sex workers at any large gathering like that. Prostitutes searching for Johns another reason to keep children away.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yikes, so what is sex supposed to be besides recreation and pleasure. Isn't that what sex is all about???

Sure but in the town square? Keep it in the bedroom.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:03 AM

That's a good answer. anyway all I wanted to see is what the story was about and don't think the group had such a good approach.

Last edited by alexcanter; 03-22-2014 at 12:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies