Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:44 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Why do you hate your country so much to the point where you would find it fun to watch millions of Americans die?
Re read his post SLOWLY..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 09:46 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Re read his post SLOWLY..
okay?

Old 03-23-2014, 09:47 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
And the sanctions imposed are as meaningless as those imposed by Putin. That is why Putin imposed his.
So what do we do. My understanding is that the Ukraine has a better army than Russia. We can't go into another war again to help but we probably would.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what do we do. My understanding is that the Ukraine has a better army than Russia. We can't go into another war again to help but we probably would.
We do nothing.. We let Putin do whatever he likes. He will anyway. We have allowed our military to be downgraded to a point now that it is no longer a threat. We are spread too thin. Putin knows all of this. Russian supplies a great deal of gas and oil to Europe. You aren't going to get much in the way of support. Basically we are (pardon the expression) screwed.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
A lot of hot air from American politicians. They would be only too happy to fight an additional war by proxy.

The U.S. will never initiate any direct action against Russia. It would take much, much more than what has happened. Russian troops could occupy Kiev and there would be no U.S. military response. If the U.S. went to war against Russia it wouldn't be a fun war to watch on TV. Millions of Americans would die.
Maybe this will help.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:00 PM

Since when did the Russia military become more powerful than the American military?

Old 03-23-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Since when did the Russia military become more powerful than the American military?
If you took all US troops and sent them to Russia, you're right. The Russian military would fold like a bad hand. The issue is, we still have troops spread out in other conflicts all over the world. Our military funding has been drastically reduced. We are looking at cutting even more troops and we have a citizenry that is war weary. Wars are not always fought merely on battlefields. Most wars are won or lost at home.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
If you took all US troops and sent them to Russia, you're right. The Russian military would fold like a bad hand. The issue is, we still have troops spread out in other conflicts all over the world. Our military funding has been drastically reduced. We are looking at cutting even more troops and we have a citizenry that is war weary. Wars are not always fought merely on battlefields. Most wars are won or lost at home.
You could cut our military spending in half and we would still have a more powerful military

Old 03-24-2014, 03:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
A war with Russia would only cost $60 Billion and it would be paid for with Iraqi oil revenues. Remember that one war mongers?

Old 03-24-2014, 04:50 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So after Obama sanctioned a list of Putin's inner circle financial allies and partners in crime, Putin struck back by sanctioning Obama allies. Guess his intel didn't mention that loyal allies McCain and Boehner can't stand Obama. That's really going to stop the US in its tracks.

Not sure he gets the purpose of sanctions.

Sanctioned Dan Coats: "While I'm disappointed that I won't be able to go on vacation with my family in Siberia this summer, I am honored to be on this list.''

Russia sanctions 9 US officials in response to US sanctions on Russian officials

Crimea crisis: US sanction list is who's who of Vladimir Putin's inner circle | World news | theguardian.com

New Sanctions No Joke: Putin Risks Regime For Ukraine Invasion (Treasury Issues A Direct Threat To Putin) See Updates - Forbes
Can't stand Obama maybe, but they are not much different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies