Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,736 times

Advertisements

Since it looks like no one can comprise on wither to raise min wage or not I thought we could discuss other methods to help the poor. Maybe a Negative Income Tax, Basic Wage or something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 09:26 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Letting them starve and fend for themselves is a good idea *sarc*

Old 03-20-2014, 09:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
If the min wages goes up you will see tons of layoffs.

Many small businesses cannot pay a laborer 10.00 per hour to do nothing.

As far as starving, if you are hungry it would be your own fault.

How about working 2-3 jobs like others and stop whining and wanting fed off the backs of others.

Or better yet, how about working to obtain a skill so you can be more valuable to someone.

Huge mistake to raise min wage because then prices for all of us will go out the roof and more people will be doing the typical Obama thing and going on welfare.

The welfare Prez is going to do it again, drive more voters to the ditch and on the freebie role.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:37 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,500,325 times
How about if the economy were BETTER (WAY better!), then job *choice* would naturally drive up wages, and/or drive up opportunities.

I prefer to 'compromise' about the key domino.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:45 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post

How about working 2-3 jobs like others and stop whining and wanting fed off the backs of others.

Or better yet, how about working to obtain a skill so you can be more valuable to someone.

Huge mistake to raise min wage because then prices for all of us will go out the roof and more people will be doing the typical Obama thing and going on welfare.

The welfare Prez is going to do it again, drive more voters to the ditch and on the freebie role.
Right work 2-3 jobs so your whole life is spent working like slaves did. I mean its not like people want to spend time with family or friends. Skills are no guarantee of anything as we have seen many people with skills can not find jobs in the fields they got skills in.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
I think its obvious that wealth sharing since the 60's has not worked. I think its up to government to make them aware of the future when not taking advantage of education by not promising what society can't give because its basically unsustainable. Read several pieces about Greek politics and conclusion I got was basically not much difference other than a contest for decades of promising more government jobs than the other candidate. Some people actually still believe what politician promise without even looking at reality. Politicians will take countries down the road to failure if you listen to be reelected is evident many time over. Some do not realize its not the middle class shrinking but middle class in US doing so. The middle class around the world is exploding in a world economy that has grown for decades.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 PM

279 posts, read 183,195 times
Quote:

Can they afford to pay people $7.75 to do nothing?
Why the absurd assumption that anybody pays anybody to do nothing?

Quote:
So they should starve cause it's their fault got it.
Quote:
So iyou think t's so easy nowadays to find two or three jobs with hours you that don't collide.

Quote:

So paying people more will entice them to go on welfare, right?

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-21-2014 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-20-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Right work 2-3 jobs so your whole life is spent working like slaves did. I mean its not like people want to spend time with family or friends. Skills are no guarantee of anything as we have seen many people with skills can not find jobs in the fields they got skills in.
Many people are working 2-3 jobs right now and you are not saying a thing.

Reason-- Less hours for many reasons with one of them being the disaster Obamacare crap. Businesses cut hours of employees and forcing people to do more to cover it.

You cannot pay someone to stock a 1.00 at the dollar store 10.00 per hour. Takes no skills and little effort.
next thing you know we will have 5.00 dollar store to cover for it. Right out of your pocket.

Most people want to work certain hour, certain days and wont move to accept a good job. My goodness I had employees who whined about not having enough money to pay a car payment but the lazy butts would not work overtime or weekends because they do not want to work themselves to death. Why not? I worked 70+ hours, 7 days a week for many years to get where I am, and so should those who do not want a handout.

I can make 500-800 cash profit per week and I am doing it right now just enjoying my hobby of antiques. Getting to hunt down treasures and re sell them is what I enjoy as a hobby and my ebay and amazon sales always bring me 500-800 or more per week every single week by just going out a few hours a few days a week looking. Amazon alone last week netted me well over 500 profit itself.

Tell me why are we not having people with skills get high paid jobs right now? What is the reason?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
Can they afford to pay people $7.75 to do nothing?
Why the absurd assumption that anybody pays anybody to do nothing?

So they should starve cause it's their fault got it.

So iyou think t's so easy nowadays to find two or three jobs with hours you that don't collide.

So paying people more will entice them to go on welfare, right?

Is a low IQ a requirement to become a registered republican nowadays
?

Stop the personal attacks.

For your info those who are going hungry unless they have a medical issue it is 100% their fault period.

For you info, the guy who changed my oil yesterday at a quickie lube place told me he was in a hurry because he has to leave to go to his next job changing oil at wal mart on the late shift.

Stop making excuses.

LOL Making fun of rep IQ is something no lib should be doing knowing who you voted for.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:11 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Stop the personal attacks.

For your info those who are going hungry unless they have a medical issue it is 100% their fault period.

For you info, the guy who changed my oil yesterday at a quickie lube place told me he was in a hurry because he has to leave to go to his next job changing oil at wal mart on the late shift.

Stop making excuses.

LOL Making fun of rep IQ is something no lib should be doing knowing who you voted for.
Sunny, give me a good reason why unemployment below 3% is a good thing, in your mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies