Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 02:30 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,552,562 times

Advertisements

Liberal???? and I thought we were the ones who wanted to legalize this kind of thing. Really? How delusional can you be??? Anyway, let's not forget this zero tolerance nut job, and his "war on drugs".

Old 03-21-2014, 02:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
We only know one side of this story.

Maybe the kid has a history of being under the influence at school, or

Maybe a history of possession of alcohol or other substances, or

Maybe the beer was spotted or dropped and then he turned it over.

Or maybe the people, in this town like things black and white.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:32 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This area of Texas is liberal?
This took place in a public school.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:32 PM

Judging from this thread, people are describing "liberals" as if they were Republicans (obsessed with personal regulations).

Old 03-21-2014, 02:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Politics aside, why are kids so gullible these days? I learned from a very early age that it NEVER pays to be honest. Not once, ever, and this little fact has held true for all of my days, and always will. If you do something "bad' and you haven't been caught yet, you're setting yourself up to be punished by the man - I don't care what it is. Like if I break something at the store, I'm just going to kick it under the shelf and discretely move away. If I accidently ding someone's maibox with my van mirror (I couldn't help it, just not enough room due to construction vehicles in the way) I'm certainly not going to suffer the homeowner's wrath by fessing up. No way, no how. If I get pulled over by the cops for speeding, am I going to admit it? No sirree. "Not me" was a favorite answer of mine when I was a kid - it was never me that did it, it was always "not me"...lol.

Parents just need to drill into their kids' heads that it NEVER EVER pays to be honest. Keep those lips sealed, baby. It's an important skill that kids need to learn and learn fast. The world is a mean place, and nobody's ever gonna cut you a break.

The child with the beer at least will have learned a critically important lesson - don't fess up to something unless you've been caught!
You sound like a great role model. However in this day and age it appears you are correct sadly.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This took place in a public school.
So ?

Maybe the school over reacted.
Maybe this is a 3 strike and you are out sort of thing.

There's not enough information to draw a rational conclusion.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
So ?

Maybe the school over reacted.
Maybe this is a 3 strike and you are out sort of thing.

There's not enough information to draw a rational conclusion.
He's an RWNJ, anything government related is automatically a "liberal's" fault

Old 03-22-2014, 11:24 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
He's an RWNJ, anything government related is automatically a "liberal's" fault
And you are an LWNJ - anything government related is automatically Bush's fault.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:27 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberal zero tolerance has hit a new low.

A 17 year old high school student mistook a can of beer for a soda while hastily packing his lunch.

When he arrived at the school and realized his mistake, he gave the can to a teacher who informed the principal.

The principle then thanked the student for his honesty and went on with the business of running a scool, right?

Unfortunately, no.

Instead the student was suspended and must spend the next 2 months at an alternative school.

Texas student suspended over accidental beer lunch

It seems that the best thing for the kid to do was to hide the beer in a locker or some bushes until school got out.

How in the world have schools become so idiotic with strict zero tolerance policies that they penalize students for doing the right thing?
When did "Just Say No" start? When did MADD start to gain political influence?

Under Reagan. But just keep calling everything you don't like liberal. It's a perfectly "cromulent" usage of the word.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:28 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
'Student turns in beer '

What did the beer do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies