Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:28 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Advertisements

As usual, Republicans whine over semantics while remaining oblivious to substance. Of course 99% of Republicans don't understand, or want to understand, "Obamacare", they just know they are being told to oppose it, and they do what they are told. For them, it's simple. For thinking Americans, it's far more complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:28 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,726,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is a tax, nothing else.
You go to the doctor and it is like not having insurance, until you pay the high deductible.
They didn't want those still on employment based insurance to see, what we self employed are seeing.
2014 would have been a total loss had the employer mandate been upheld and not EO'ed by Obama.
Yep, it's not insurance, it's a huge tax on the middle class. That is why Obama pushed the mandates past the elections. He doesn't want the masses to see the huge hike in cost just like he didn't want us to know that we couldn't keep our healthcare.

And he has the nerve to say he cares about the people. The only thing he cares about is taking more money from the people.

And his supporters are dumb enough to think he is only raising taxes on the rich.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Just wait till 2016, when "Obamacare" has finally taken off and all the bugs are fixed.

Yea baby, bring it with ya Hillary. This will be yet another Democratic accomplishment that you can show beside the empty desk drawer of Republican accomplishments.
Oh please. Democrats are already talking about tossing Obamacare out the window for UHC..

if Obamacare is so great, why are they delaying the mandates in it? Come on, give me a good reason...

Old 03-21-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
As usual, Republicans whine over semantics while remaining oblivious to substance. Of course 99% of Republicans don't understand, or want to understand, "Obamacare", they just know they are being told to oppose it, and they do what they are told. For them, it's simple. For thinking Americans, it's far more complex.
hahaha.. did you just say something that dumb?

The thread is abotu Pelosi whining over semantics.. Please attempt to stay with the rest of us in the discussion...

Old 03-21-2014, 09:45 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
hahaha.. did you just say something that dumb?

The thread is abotu Pelosi whining over semantics.. Please attempt to stay with the rest of us in the discussion...
You know full well the next push by Democrat politicians will be to equate the term Obamacare with the n word, and then roundly denounce anyone who uses Obamacare as racist. Melissa Perry,the MSNBC hostette already trotted that one out but was roundly mocked...you can't wear tampons for earrings and expect to ever be taken seriously again. But Pelosi has no shame and I suspect she was just setting the table in the video.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Do you know whats in it? After all, your heroine said you have to pass it to know whats in it.

This abortion has hurt more than people than helped.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I think 99% of the Republicans are waiting for that promised $2500 per family cut Obama promised.

Can you tell me when thats going to happen for everyone, not just a select few who gets handouts at everyone elses expense?

Old 03-21-2014, 09:57 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Lets call it LiberalsDontReallyCare since that describes it better

Old 03-21-2014, 10:05 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I love the way Pelosi tries to insinuate there is something disrespectful about using the term Obamacare, even though the president uses it himself.

Now I can understand why Democrats don't want to remind the electorate of Obamacare in the middle of mid-term races that are shaping up to be a disaster for the Dems, but is Pelosi sure she really wants to keep using the word "affordable", when everyone can see for themselves there is nothing affordable about Obamacare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QqGYZtoAOc
I wish this crazy old bat would go away.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:13 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
But "Obamacare" is not what the law is actually called.

It is called the Affordable Care Act. "Obamacare" is a term used to refer to the law by its right-wing opponents, in an attempt to link the law more strongly to a presidents they despise.

Right wing attack terms are often unquestioningly adopted by the media, and have been for decades. In the 1960s, the National Liberation Front (NFL) was constantly referred to by the US media as the "vietcong." Inheritance taxes have been rebranded "death taxes." Undocumented immigrants have become "illegal immigrants" (contrary to what a lot of conservatives believe, undocumented immigrants is actually the older, original term; "illegal immigrant" wasn't used by the federal government until the 1980s).

Sorry, but in this case, it is the right, not the left, that is manipulating language.
"I have no problem with people saying Obama cares. I do care. If the other side wants to be the folks who don't care? That's fine with me."

-- Barack Obama, August 2011"

"The Affordable Care Act — also known as Obamacare … I actually like the name. Because I do care — that's why we fought so hard to make it happen."

-- Barack Obama, August 2012

The history of 'Obamacare' in 9 quotes

President Unleashes The Obama Youth To Preach Obamacare Gospel | Zero Hedge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies