Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 07:05 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
President Obama won because the Republican party had a weak platform.

There seems to be a thing where they are clear that they don't like the president but can't communicate what they do like and how it would benefit me and the country.

To say citizens are dumb because they don't vote the way you think they should or you start thinking that only some should be able to vote is wrong and unconstitutional.
Another one who never bothers to read the posts or the Constitution!

Where does the unconstitutional mime come into play?

BTW: Those on the dole Don't listen and Don't care what the Republicans have to say which if you had bothered to search .. The Republicans have had lots to say .. Just not what you or the give me more crowd wants to hear!

Old 03-21-2014, 07:42 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Just another example of the goonish thuggery of our plutocrat Republican lobbyists and their politicians. I'm glad to see the crooks embarrass themselves continuously in front of the whole world.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
The quagmire that these wealthy face is that because of the growing wealth disparity of our country, the voting power of the wealthy is falling and the voting power of the poor is rising.

The only thing these wealthy can do is to try to convince the ignorant, against their own self interest, that the wealthy should have more votes.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The quagmire that these wealthy face is that because of the growing wealth disparity of our country, the voting power of the wealthy is falling and the voting power of the poor is rising.

The only thing these wealthy can do is to try to convince the ignorant, against their own self interest, that the wealthy should have more votes.
(The above bolded is my own doing)

Ignorant is key.

Now on to other matters ..

I see that you find it convenient to ignore posts that you find inconvenient to answer.

Should I post it again .. for the third time?

(A Clue: I was responding to you calling someone 'ignorant' of the constitution)

You need the posts #'s?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:35 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The welfare state is unconstitutional by any rational interpretation of our once great Constitution.
"Section 8- Congress has the power to spend money in order to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare"

Old 03-21-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
"Section 8- Congress has the power to spend money in order to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare"
So what happens when everyone is broke?

What defense?
Borders wide open to an invading country is defense?

Does the constitution say that Congress has the power to Spend and Then Tax the peons?

It is no longer tax and spend.

It has become Spend and then Tax.
(Look at the debt charts)

What is the General Welfare to you?

It isn't the handouts that the democrats use to buy votes with if that is your definition.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:57 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
General welfare mean for all people, like roads, not a check for a single individual, that would be specific welfare.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
General welfare mean for all people, like roads, not a check for a single individual, that would be specific welfare.
I salute you my friend.

I bet though that you will find that most liberals have a different meaning!

Old 03-21-2014, 09:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
(The above bolded is my own doing)

Ignorant is key.

Now on to other matters ..

I see that you find it convenient to ignore posts that you find inconvenient to answer.

Should I post it again .. for the third time?

(A Clue: I was responding to you calling someone 'ignorant' of the constitution)

You need the posts #'s?
You are stating that the constitution allows for the wealthy to have more votes?

Old 03-21-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are stating that the constitution allows for the wealthy to have more votes?
As I said .. You called someone ignorant when it comes to the constitution and I called you on it!

You need those post #'s now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies