Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2014, 10:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So we can give more to charity.
^^^^ lol a charity call jojajn.

psssst... after Obamas take it won't get you anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Our tax system is progressive. Why do you want a raise? Government will only take more of what you make. Of course Obama wants you to make more so he can take more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 10:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
No you don't know what you are talking about.

Buffett Rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And? Thats a tax on INCOME, not wealth.. Whats your point other than to display your own ignorance?
Quote:
" he keeps his salary at BRK at $100K a year to reduce his tax liability"

Or else he does what CEOs, Chairmans at many corps outside of the US do which is only get 100k salary for that position. Only in the US do the CEOs of a corporation get paid millions of dollars per year.

Warren Buffett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And collects the rest in billions of dollars in wealth, which isnt taxed.. What part of that dont you get?
Quote:
Berkshire is not fighting the IRS. That is rightwing media bs crap. Berkshire actually paid the taxes it's supposed to pay as part of the tax code. They don't owe the IRS any money.
Report: Buffett's Berkshire Owes $1 Billion In Back Taxes
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about on the corporate dividends either.

Berkshire opposes dividend proposal; Buffett, Gates get pay rises | Reuters

"Berkshire has not paid a cash dividend since 1967."
I know.. by his own admission he stopped paying them to reduce the tax obligations on his investors..
Quote:
"Buffett, 83, has long maintained that he can generate better returns through acquisitions such as the BNSF railroad and investments such as Wells Fargo & Co.

"He told shareholders in 2011 that Berkshire's share price ought to fall if the company decided to pay a dividend. Buffett also wants to keep a $20 billion cash cushion."

"Our shareholders are far wealthier today than they would be if the funds we used for acquisitions had instead been devoted to share repurchases or dividends," he said in his March 2013 annual letter."
yes because if they paid them out in dividens, they would have been TAXED..

Old 03-22-2014, 10:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
^^^^ lol a charity call jojajn.

psssst... after Obamas take it won't get you anywhere.
And I thought charity was a tax deduction. Was I wrong?

Old 03-22-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
So we can give more to charity.
Thats one of the dumbest postings I've ever read in my entire life..

Old 03-22-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats one of the dumbest postings I've ever read in my entire life..
You don't like charity?

Old 03-22-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You don't like charity?
To imply that people should be paid more so they can give more away, while ignoring that they wont be able to because other costs increases would eat away at any increase they receive, is pretty dumb..

Love charity, I give away a good bit of money every year. but I dont earn more so I can give more away, I give it away because I can..

Old 03-22-2014, 11:04 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
You don't like charity?
Let's just say you are being serious. You want a raise to give more to charity (not buying it). But if you are for real, why wouldn't you be upset at people like Pelosi. The mouth pieces of your party. She has over $50,000,000. Certainly, she didnt want that extra money to give to charity, because, well, she still has it all.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
To imply that people should be paid more so they can give more away, while ignoring that they wont be able to because other costs increases would eat away at any increase they receive, is pretty dumb..

Love charity, I give away a good bit of money every year. but I dont earn more so I can give more away, I give it away because I can..
Yes, I agree with you. We need to raise minimum wage so that they can meet their costs.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
A couple of comments from this Liberal:

Whatever Mr. Buffet invests in so do I.

We less than wealthy liberals want to hang onto our wealth for the same reason as anyone else. We like to invest it to make even more money. In another ten years or so I will start spending the capital on vacations and other fun things because I have no heirs to will the money to. The trick will be getting the rate correct. I would hate to die with a lot of investment on hand almost as much as not having enough to enjoy if I live another 40 years (possible but not likely).

Every time I earned more money the government took more but I always had a net increase in my paycheck some of which I used to invest thus increasing my wealth.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Yes, I agree with you. We need to raise minimum wage so that they can meet their costs.
That doesnt work and is pretty dumb.. But 2 minutes ago you said we should raise it to give it away.. you cant spend the money twice..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies