Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:10 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Credited: Philo_Beddoe a very good question from Thomas Sowell.

“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”
--- Thomas Sowell

It is. In addition, liberals are the most greedy SOBs I have ever encountered. Try to get them to donate a dime to the causes they "support" and they will turn and run. You see this as well when you see how liberals tip (ask any waitress- they are cheap).

However, it is "enlightened" to take other people's money and not "greedy", but "frugal" to not spend or donate your own money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 01:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is. In addition, liberals are the most greedy SOBs I have ever encountered. Try to get them to donate a dime to the causes they "support" and they will turn and run. You see this as well when you see how liberals tip (ask any waitress- they are cheap).

However, it is "enlightened" to take other people's money and not "greedy", but "frugal" to not spend or donate your own money!
LOL, In 2008 a girl I know was on the net working feverishly to get people to contribute to Obamas campaign. She tried hitting me up. When I asked her how much she contributed she said, nothing, I just get other people to send money.

Last edited by petch751; 03-23-2014 at 02:04 PM..

Old 03-23-2014, 01:14 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
No matter how much people on the left talk about compassion, they have no compassion for the taxpayers. Our tax system penalizes those who are producing wealth in order to subsidize those who are only consuming it.
Not only that, we don't need a Berlin Wall to keep productive and contributing U.S. citizens in the U.S. They're taxed no matter where in the world they go, in perpetuity, until death, or until they pay a hefty tax penalty to relinquish their U.S. citizenship. The greedy U.S. government is no better than Gorbachev before the Berlin Wall fell in 1989.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

In the modern welfare state, a vote becomes a license to take what others make.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:20 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
The tax code is not the same for everyone. It's progressive. Some people don't even pay federal taxes. And that is fair how? That is treating everyone equal how?
There is only one code, so obviously it applies to everyone regardless of their party affiliation. Your argument was that people on the left dont pay taxes, and the argument failed. There are poor people on both sides who do not earn enough to pay taxes. Likewise, there are high income people on both sides of the aisle who pay the max rate. It is not complicated. I pay a high rate, and it does not bother me that some poor people don't pay as much as I do. I pay more in tax than they make in several years.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:21 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Credited: Philo_Beddoe a very good question from Thomas Sowell.

“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”
--- Thomas Sowell
I checked this thread last night and it was at 7 pages.. You have a few more now. Has anyone attempted a reasonably accurate answer yet? I see a lot of moonbat diversion posts but I didn't see a reasonable answer. It certainly is a valid question considering moonbats are constantly clamoring about taxes the rich and demanding someone else subsidize their way of living yet balk at paying anything into the system themselves. They certainly don't view taxes as a shared responsibility yet they talk about taking a village all the time, social responsibility etc..

So they answer is it's hypocrisy. It's a twisted view of self believing that someone else owes them something because someone else has material possessions they do not. The really sad part is their handlers continue to perpetuate this mindset keeping them fat, dumb and angry. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The tax code is the same for everyone, so it shows a lot of ignorance on your part thinking the people on the left do not pay taxes. There are rich and poor people on both sides of the aisle.
The poor, those who pay very little to no federal income tax and are artificially financially supported by the government's taking of others' earnings, are overwhelmingly on the left side of the aisle. Voter demographics, here:
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt...0vs%20Vote.png

You can see how the lower income earners exceedingly benefit from the government's taking of others' earnings, here:
http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfo.../Chart%202.jpg

Old 03-23-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
In the modern welfare state, a vote becomes a license to take what others make.
License to steal.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not only that, we don't need a Berlin Wall to keep productive and contributing U.S. citizens in the U.S. They're taxed no matter where in the world they go, in perpetuity, until death, or until they pay a hefty tax penalty to relinquish their U.S. citizenship. The greedy U.S. government is no better than Gorbachev before the Berlin Wall fell in 1989.

The left's welfare state makes poverty more comfortable, while penalizing attempts to rise out of poverty.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:29 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If you live overseas you pay tax for the part exceeding $98 000, so your argument is valid only if you make more than $98K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies