Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your argument is flawed.

How much do you pay each year in taxes ? I paid 21% last year. If Forbes is right, T Boone Pickens only paid 17%, Bill Gates 14%, Warren Buffet paid 11%, Tim Cooke paid 18%, Larry ellison paid 15%.

Please tell me why i am paying a smaller percentage of my income in taxes than people who make hundreds of millions if not billions.

If you want to argue that we should all be paying less( but all at the same percent) then great,but that doesnt seem to be what you are saying.

You seem to be pissed that their money is going to someone who is less fortunate.

Update: some of those figures seem to be from 2011. point is still the same.
I am paying more than Gates, Buffet, Cooke and Ellison yet Obama ran around accusing me of being a billionaire and demanded that I pay higher taxes?

You Liberal idiots don't have a clue obviously and you again showed your ignorance. You will continue to struggle until you learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 01:42 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Let me explain why capital gains taxes are lower than income taxes...capital can cross borders a lot easier than labor.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Let me explain why capital gains taxes are lower than income taxes...capital can cross borders a lot easier than labor.
Yep.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I am paying more than Gates, Buffet, Cooke and Ellison yet Obama ran around accusing me of being a billionaire and demanded that I pay higher taxes?

You Liberal idiots don't have a clue obviously and you again showed your ignorance. You will continue to struggle until you learn.
President Obama never claimed you were a billionaire, and if you are paying higher taxes, then you are either talking about the payroll tax credit, which only existed because of President obama, OR because your income is above 378,000 dollars a year.

Also, im not struggling. im doing just fine. You also have proven my point. You make far less than those men, yet you pay a higher tax rate.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
President Obama never claimed you were a billionaire, and if you are paying higher taxes, then you are either talking about the payroll tax credit, which only existed because of President obama, OR because your income is above 378,000 dollars a year.

Also, im not struggling. im doing just fine. You also have proven my point. You make far less than those men, yet you pay a higher tax rate.
You forget.. there is this thing called video

In his Sept. 8 speech to Congress, President Obama talked about the need to “cut tax loopholes for millionaires and billionaires. singles earning more than $200,000 a year and couples earning more than $250,000 annually.

Trimming back tax deductions on families with incomes of more than $250,000 is a far cry from targeting millionaires and billionaires and does little to correct the type of inequities endured by Buffett’s secretary and other taxpayers in her relatively humble income category.

Read more: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Column...#ixzz2wlqLRi1L

Old 03-23-2014, 01:58 AM

Quote:
You forget.. there is this thing called video
So you have a video where President Obama forgot that the key part of "billionaire" is billion ?

Please show me this video where Barack Obama said you were a billionaire if your net worth was less than 1 billion. im waiting.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:06 AM

according to President Obama, it takes you a nanosecond to become a millionaire once you make $200,000 a year.

Warren Buffet sets our clueless politicians straight by suggesting we raise taxes on those making over $1 million a year. Brilliant! Let’s raise taxes on millionaires, you know, those who make over $1 million a year.

How Long Does It Take To Become A Millionaire? | Financial Samurai

Old 03-23-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
according to President Obama, it takes you a nanosecond to become a millionaire once you make $200,000 a year.

Warren Buffet sets our clueless politicians straight by suggesting we raise taxes on those making over $1 million a year. Brilliant! Let’s raise taxes on millionaires, you know, those who make over $1 million a year.

How Long Does It Take To Become A Millionaire? | Financial Samurai
Your argument was that he called you a billionaire, and that is far from true. neither of your links suggest he did.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:17 AM

We have heard many times from President Barack Obama how he plans to raise taxes on “millionaires and billionaires,” but not on the middle class. Apparently, if you don’t happen to be a millionaire or billionaire, you don’t have to worry.

The actual tax-increase plans being proposed by Obama do not start with people who have an income of a million dollars a year. They start with people who have incomes of $250,000 and up.

That is more than most people make, but it is far short of a million dollars, and miles away from a billion dollars.

Thomas Sowell

Obamas tax-increase-bait-and-switch-thomas-sowell

Old 03-23-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
We have heard many times from President Barack Obama how he plans to raise taxes on “millionaires and billionaires,” but not on the middle class. Apparently, if you don’t happen to be a millionaire or billionaire, you don’t have to worry.

The actual tax-increase plans being proposed by Obama do not start with people who have an income of a million dollars a year. They start with people who have incomes of $250,000 and up.

That is more than most people make, but it is far short of a million dollars, and miles away from a billion dollars.

Thomas Sowell

Obamas tax-increase-bait-and-switch-thomas-sowell
The above is true, but he never said he would only raise taxes on millionaires and billionaires.

Again, your argument is that he called YOU a billionaire.

and 250,000 a year is not middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies