Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 05:44 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
A personal guarantee insures they remain on the hook for their debts. I do not care whether they do it themselves, or with an angel's or VC's wallet, but one of them should foot the full bill to make every single creditor 100% whole.
Business owners and VCs banks whoever can already enter in this arrangement as it is if they all agree and almost all do.
I do not see what your complaint here is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 05:58 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Bobtn- So you are advocating for bigger corporations over small mom and pop shops ? That has got to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard of and YOU have no idea about running a business. You sit there and think big corporations give you quality ? You need to really wake up and start living on planet earth sometime soon.

Wow lol you i think have topped it off to be the most ridiculous comment ever on here.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
This is deranged thinking.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:35 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Bobtn- So you are advocating for bigger corporations over small mom and pop shops ? That has got to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard of and YOU have no idea about running a business. You sit there and think big corporations give you quality ? You need to really wake up and start living on planet earth sometime soon.

Wow lol you i think have topped it off to be the most ridiculous comment ever on here.

As I pointed out I've worked in a large company, and currently work in a smaller company. I'll take the smaller company any day. While of course they too have their policies and procedures, and a bit of red tape, it is not anywhere close to the hoops you have to jump through at a large mega corporation. We need more of that entrepreneurial spirit in this country, and get the damn government out of the way, amd allow it to happen.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Business owners and VCs banks whoever can already enter in this arrangement as it is if they all agree and almost all do.
I do not see what your complaint here is.
They may get something out of bankruptcy court if the corp goes into it. He just wants them not to like college loans don't.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
As I pointed out I've worked in a large company, and currently work in a smaller company. I'll take the smaller company any day. While of course they too have their policies and procedures, and a bit of red tape, it is not anywhere close to the hoops you have to jump through at a large mega corporation. We need more of that entrepreneurial spirit in this country, and get the damn government out of the way, amd allow it to happen.
Not everyone is cut out to be in charge though.

I actually preferred the corporate world and it worked for me.
Then again I'm retired and 25 years ago the corporate world was a different place than today.

Today I think one would be better off in a small to medium sized business due to globalism.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:02 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
They may get something out of bankruptcy court if the corp goes into it. He just wants them not to like college loans don't.
Ok. College loans are non dischargeable because the theory is that if they were not so many people would defualt because there is nothing to reposses. So there in theory there is a public interest for this rule.
The above that is brought up is nothing but a punative measure against people who want to start businesses, make innovations and make money. This measure would be foolish and would serve no public interest. VCs and bank can protect themselves by their own decision making. There is no reason to protect them from risk that they choose to take of their own choosing. There is absolutely no justification for this proposal other to penalize small business, and innovators for what because they might fail?
Penalizing and discouring people from inventing things, innovating things and advancing quality of life for no other reason than to give big businesses an advantage and for "fairness" is not smart. Vcs and bank do not need the government to intervene to protect them from their own poor decisions.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
With health law, workers ponder the I-Quit option

This is tremendous news. In all liklihood, inferior employers (a/ka mom and pops, in most cases) will lose their BEST highly skilled employees, which will also widen the skill set advantage their direct competitors have.

As a nation, we're best served by weeding our as quickly as possible, low hanging fruit. This enables that to occur more rapidly than when Insurance was used as a means to take hostages.
Quote:
At 62, Payne has worked for three decades as a nurse, most recently traveling house to house caring for 30 elderly and disabled patients. But she’s ready to leave that behind, including the job-based health benefits, to move to Oregon and promote her self-published book. She envisions herself blogging, doing radio interviews and speaking to seniors groups.

“I want the freedom to fit that into my day without squeezing it into my day,” she said.
Yeah, that sounds like a great plan, more workers should do that. Quit your job and go promote your book. They will have plenty of time to do that anyway, without quitting their job, when their hours get cut so that the employer doesn't have to pay for their healthcare.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the ACA is going to stick it to a lot of people...but hey, as long as a few people can envision themselves blogging, it must be a good thing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies