Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:08 AM

640 posts, read 461,608 times

Advertisements

This might be a good place to teach children about the "hate" that was felt towards America on 9/11 ~ we infidels deserved to die ~ so 19 men boarded planes and flew them into buildings and killed over 3,000 innocent people. Hate is bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 06:09 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think the teacher might have been okay if she taught that radical Muslems believe that by killing infedels they get a free pass to heaven which would be an accurate statement. However given the age of your child I find the topic inappropriate.
As for the rest of her beliefs? Well I wonder who hired her in the first place.
I don't need any pubilc school teacher deciding they need to push their own agenda with my child. Going on about their opinion about Muslims is pushing her own agenda. Our country has enough problems with people of different faiths without someone taking it upon themselves to brain wash our children to hate before they even have a real clue.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:09 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
That was completely inappropriate for a public school, no question. I'm tempted to say she should be teaching in a private religious school, but that kind of misinformation and hatred doesn't even belong there. No, not everyone believes in God, and no, not every Muslim wants to kill. What a complete ignoramus. Her job is to teach, not to proselytize or push an agenda.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:11 AM

Quote:
I think the teacher might have been okay if she taught that radical Muslems believe that by killing infedels they get a free pass to heaven which would be an accurate statement. However given the age of your child I find the topic inappropriate.
As for the rest of her beliefs? Well I wonder who hired her in the first place.
You feel that a 6th grader ~ age 12 or 13 ~ is too young to know about 9/11 and the radical Muslims who hate America?? Remember all the children who lost fathers and mothers and aunts and uncles?? A 6th grade student is not too young to know....

Old 12-06-2007, 06:13 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't need any pubilc school teacher deciding they need to push their own agenda with my child. Going on about their opinion about Muslims is pushing her own agenda. Our country has enough problems with people of different faiths without someone taking it upon themselves to brain wash our children to hate before they even have a real clue.
As I said it was not age appropriate. But the fact remains that radical Islamics believe that by killing infedels they get to go to heaven. This isn't speculation. This is fact. No not all islamics share that belief, but the Radicals in fact do.
I agree the teacher if it were not part of the course should never have spouted her own beliefs. Like you I dont send my kids to school to adopt the teachers belief systems. I send them to learn the approved curriculum.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:15 AM

Quote:
As I said it was not age appropriate. But the fact remains that radical Islamics believe that by killing infedels they get to go to heaven. This isn't speculation. This is fact. No not all islamics share that belief, but the Radicals in fact do.
I'm sure there are nuts in lots of religions who believe they get a reward for killing people. That doesn't make it an appropriate discussion for a public school. It will only fan prejudice and hatred.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
You feel that a 6th grader ~ age 12 or 13 ~ is too young to know about 9/11 and the radical Muslims who hate America?? Remember all the children who lost fathers and mothers and aunts and uncles?? A 6th grade student is not too young to know....

I'd rather have a child learn about what constitutes good and bad foreign policy, and the potential for blowback. Not about how a few nutcases twisted their religion to justify an attack on innocent people.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:17 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
I agree the teacher if it were not part of the course should never have spouted her own beliefs. Like you I dont send my kids to school to adopt the teachers belief systems. I send them to learn the approved curriculum.
I don't want a teacher going on about 911 and radical muslims to my child, not a teacher like this one anyway. There is a way to relate the story of what happened without making someone prejudice to everyone who is muslim. The fault of the people who killed so many that day lies with them personally, not their religion, they were no more insane or murderous then many christians or whatever faith you care to mention.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't want a teacher going on about 911 and radical muslims to my child, not a teacher like this one anyway. There is a way to relate the story of what happened without making someone prejudice to everyone who is muslim. The fault of the people who killed so many that day lies with them personally, not their religion, they were no more insane or murderous then many christians or whatever faith you care to mention.
There will always be people who live in a fantasy world and think Muslim terror isn't a big deal. Hiding their heads in the sand won't make it any less real...

Old 12-06-2007, 06:23 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Yup, all kinds of nuts in grapefruit. Gotta get the indoctrination started hating all Muslims early enough, or it might not stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies