Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 04:35 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times

Advertisements

They don't have enough real crime so they have to harass strippers.

A license to strip? Really? Why do we allow government to require a license for such jobs? Does a government license make them better strippers? Does it protect the customers? I think not. It does, however, give LE a reason to abuse their power.

This is a pathetic abuse of power and waste of tax payer money.
-----------------------------------------
Earlier this month, San Diego Police Department officers raided a Cheetahs strip club to bust any dancers who weren’t properly permitted.

"I didn't know if it was a bank robbery or serial killer on the loose the way they had come in like that," said manager Rich Buonantony. "The show of force, show of power was incredible."

The officers were so committed to the operation that they spent hours meticulously documenting all 30 dancers’ paperwork and bodies (with cameras, of course!).

"They made me feel like I was a gang member pretty much and they wanted to document every single one of my tattoos," said stripper Katelynn Delorie.

Why Did Armed Officers Raid a Strip Club and Take Photos? Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 06:37 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Police in my area (Seattle area) did the same thing. They launched a massive raid on my favorite strip club back in 2008 and eventually shut it down. For what, to eliminate the serious threat of bare boobies? At least the Puritans really believed that they were protecting virtue. The cops and their liberal overlords believe no such thing. They are just grifters and shakedown artists.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
The licensing requirement could be to insure they are adults. That said, I agree with you. A total waste of time, energy and resources. If someone has reason to believe the strippers are underage, then I would support a raid. Didn't read the article, so I haven't the details.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:46 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The licensing requirement could be to insure they are adults. That said, I agree with you. A total waste of time, energy and resources. If someone has reason to believe the strippers are underage, then I would support a raid. Didn't read the article, so I haven't the details.
Underage strippers in the US are pretty rare. I would venture to say that UA sex between high school students and teachers is somewhere between 10 and 100 times more prevalent than. UA strippers. If you're a strip club owner, the very last thing you want is to be caught with a minor in your emply.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
1. You don't need a license to check their age.

2. You don't need a 10 gun raid. Just one cop walking in and checking for adult IDs.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:22 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
I wouldn't even support a raid. Simply have 2 officers go in and investigate the claim. Make the stripper show ID and leave.

I agree with the OP in that we need to have LE budget cuts and they need to be busting real criminals and stop harassing people trying to make an honest living.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:25 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I wouldn't even support a raid. Simply have 2 officers go in and investigate the claim. Make the stripper show ID and leave.

I agree with the OP in that we need to have LE budget cuts and they need to be busting real criminals and stop harassing people trying to make an honest living.

Unfortunately it's easy money for the cops to do s*** like this. God forbid they actually have to go after real criminals, when it's much easier to shake down strippers, or someone with a bag of weed.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:31 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,176 times
I agree that it is a waste of tax payer's dollars. OP should attend his/her city's council meeting and inquiry about wasteful LE activities.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

Yes, if they only focused on real crime we would need about half as many LE personnel.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:42 PM

679 posts, read 614,732 times
Law & Order SVU has obviously shown us that the Strip Joint owners were into illegal businesses and wouldn't give any good info to the cops so the cops push em around a bit until they help out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies