Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 06:39 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@InformedConsent

If it was just our countries population rising at an alarming rate i would agree with your argument, but its the who worlds population thats growing like mad.
Population growth isn't the problem. The exponentially growing U.S. welfare-dependent class is the problem. It's financially unsustainable. Period.

Once, again...
Medicaid Pays For Nearly Half of All Births in the United States | publichealth.gwu.edu

Old 04-05-2014, 06:40 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Like my argument earlier there is plenty when we want it in this country, and maybe if we stopped making china and others rich and kept our jobs here etc. We wouldn't have an issue. I just have a hard time with the whole welfare reform thing, when we can throw away enough money in about two weeks on the war we could give everyone free healthcare in this country. Wow imagine if we took that money and invested into the creation of a manafacturing economy for us again.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:42 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Like my argument earlier there is plenty when we want it in this country
There is not enough to support an exponentially growing welfare-dependent class. Period.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:45 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
"The money is supposed to be used for necessities only: food, clothing, shelter. But state records show thousands of dollars being spent on non-essentials.

"When you're taking taxpayer money to go on a tour of Graceland, that tells you there's something wrong with our welfare system," said Owen.

Records show at least two purchases at Graceland, one for $20 and another for $60. "

The Investigators: Tax dollars wasted by welfare abuse - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Old 04-05-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Population growth isn't the problem. The exponentially growing U.S. welfare-dependent class is the problem. It's financially unsustainable. Period.

Once, again...
Medicaid Pays For Nearly Half of All Births in the United States | publichealth.gwu.edu
I believe what you fail to realize is not everyone who uses medicaid welfare is not contributing to society. Its not everyone on welfare doesn't contribute to society or hasn't. My friends family is getting welfare, because both of the adults got layed of from work, they have been on it for awhile now. But i take no offence because for years they paid into the system. Like a good portion of foodstamp people have or do.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I believe what you fail to realize is not everyone who uses medicaid welfare is not contributing to society. Its not everyone on welfare doesn't contribute to society or hasn't. My friends family is getting welfare, because both of the adults got layed of from work, they have been on it for awhile now. But i take no offence because for years they paid into the system. Like a good portion of foodstamp people have or do.
Give the welfare to the poor, to the needy, no problem. but, Do you really think welfare has helped the poor?

One of the most mind-boggling problems in America is the outright denial so many statists have about welfare abuse.

Exclusive: $7,000+ Food Stamp Balance : News : ValleyCentral.com

Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"The money is supposed to be used for necessities only: food, clothing, shelter. But state records show thousands of dollars being spent on non-essentials.

"When you're taking taxpayer money to go on a tour of Graceland, that tells you there's something wrong with our welfare system," said Owen.

Records show at least two purchases at Graceland, one for $20 and another for $60. "

The Investigators: Tax dollars wasted by welfare abuse - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

I don't argue with that and what your saying, but thats nothing compaired to the money we give in tax breaks or incentives to rich corporations so they will create more jobs. Often times not creating any new jobs. Yes i would be peeved about the graceland poor welfare guys, but equally peeved at corporations too. Which unfortunately i don't hear much in these conversations.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I don't argue with that and what your saying, but thats nothing compaired to the money we give in tax breaks or incentives to rich corporations so they will create more jobs. Often times not creating any new jobs. Yes i would be peeved about the graceland poor welfare guys, but equally peeved at corporations too. Which unfortunately i don't hear much in these conversations.
Again, this topic is about welfare. welfare needs reform, wouldn't you agree?

Old 04-05-2014, 06:59 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I doubt anyone supports abuse. I also doubt poor girls dream of growing up to become welfare queens. There's something wrong with the system, alright. The entire system, not just welfare. If we continue to allow multinational corporations to dictate the economy, we will continue to see a need for food stamps. If the Democrats started acting on their promises, and if the Republicans stopped spreading fear, maybe we could see each other as countrymen, not enemies. What this country needs is a populist uprising. That would scare the hell out of politicians, but it won't happen as long as they're successful in dividing us along political lines.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I doubt anyone supports abuse. I also doubt poor girls dream of growing up to become welfare queens. There's something wrong with the system, alright. The entire system, not just welfare. If we continue to allow multinational corporations to dictate the economy, we will continue to see a need for food stamps. If the Democrats started acting on their promises, and if the Republicans stopped spreading fear, maybe we could see each other as countrymen, not enemies. What this country needs is a populist uprising. That would scare the hell out of politicians, but it won't happen as long as they're successful in dividing us along political lines.
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. Very good post, especially the bolded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies