Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 10:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What about those who lost their jobs in the recession, or through offshoring, or downsizing?
Well you certainly don't go after companies with more regulations and higher taxes. Businesses see both as an added expense, increase their expense and they will cut expenses elsewhere and that usually means cutting jobs. And hey ... drive those companies offshore because if they stay here you'll just want to big of a piece of the action. And while you are at it make each employee more expensive to employ.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:22 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Jobs, well you have a choice, a job from big business, a job from small business, or "build that" business.

Oh here we go again, the same old argument people on welfare hiding behind the children, the disabled, the elderly, none of which anyone has an issue with helping. Although I do think it is very selfish of the parents who have kids when they know they can't support them. That is extremely selfish.
Care to comment on my entire post? You are very disingenuous in suggesting I didn't mention "the lazy."

I think it is selfish of you to not understand that some people have children out of love. Especially those young people who are down and out; children are all they really have in life.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:23 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, illegal alien anchor babies.
I'm having trouble believing that anchor babies are responsible for the extra 30-40% of the births paid for by medicaid.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:25 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Care to comment on my entire post? You are very disingenuous in suggesting I didn't mention "the lazy."

I think it is selfish of you to not understand that some people have children out of love. Especially those young people who are down and out; children are all they really have in life.
Right, we don't get it. If I love somebody, I can sacrifice myself for that person, including give that person a decent life. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to bring another life to this world just to suffer from poverty.

Love is selfless, not selfish

Old 04-05-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well you certainly don't go after companies with more regulations and higher taxes. Businesses see both as an added expense, increase their expense and they will cut expenses elsewhere and that usually means cutting jobs. And hey ... drive those companies offshore because if they stay here you'll just want to big of a piece of the action. And while you are at it make each employee more expensive to employ.
My god, petch. Try to keep up.

Screw the corporations. Forget them for a moment. What do we do with the people?
)

Old 04-05-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:

Bringing a child into poverty? Is that your idea of an expression of love?

Old 04-05-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
My god, petch. Try to keep up.

Screw the corporations. Forget them for a moment. What do we do with the people?
)
Tell them to get a job like others who support themselves do. Tell them to pay taxes like everyone else.

Jobs, you have a choice, a job from big business, a job from small business, or "build that" business.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:28 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
I'm having trouble believing that anchor babies are responsible for the extra 30-40% of the births paid for by medicaid.
Yes we know.. You want to say "Southerner Bad, Northener Good." We've heard that message loud and clear repeatedly..

Old 04-05-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Right, we don't get it. If I love somebody, I can sacrifice myself for that person, including give that person a decent life. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to bring another life to this world just to suffer from poverty.

So says the college educated affluent girl. Your lack of compassion is showing. Come to my side of the tracks. You may learn a thing or two.

Sorry, lilyflower, but your comment is quite arrogant. Don't judge someone until you've walked in her shoes.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies