Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 04:18 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And if they have no parents, or the parents have thrown them out for being gay, as in the example I was using? What then? Will you say "Not my problem," as Kreutz did? Or "Cry me a river" as Freightshaker did?
The "Cry me a river" was directed at YOU not at the child that was kicked out. We have and will take care of minor children when they are kicked out. That isn't about to change. What most of us would like to see changed is the attitude of entitlement by so many who contribute so little to our society. Those who are completely incapable of taking care of themselves for one reason or another, we should take care of. People who are capable of working should work and contribute to society. My parents believed as I do now that if you don't work, you don't eat. They made a generalized statement. That in their mind didn't have to be clarified. It was taken for granted, that didn't include those who were unable to. I guess as long as we have people like you, we have to spell out everything very specifically and in small words, otherwise you will take our intent and misconstrue the intent to serve your ideological purpose.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:18 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If we don't have welfare, we will be screwed because life is unpredictable at best.

If we have enablers who promotes co-dependency, then we will all be trouble.

Oh, the irony.

Life is a balancing art.

Love your post, spot on.
Lol lily thats what i said about 40 posts ago yesterday. I support a welfare reform that encourages one to work with a councilor or case manager to work on the issues that causes poverty for that individual, if its drug treatment or going to school to learn a trade etc etc. If they don't work with the plan in place then assistance stops. Further to me just cuts in funding doesn't solve anything.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:21 PM

89,019 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Sure can you please lift the laws that protect you and property and then we can see once and for all who is the "fittest"
What laws protect any individual and their property? Question 2: Who enforces those laws?

Old 04-06-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Aah yea, I know about that. I don't blame them one bit either. Government will never be satisfied and will always want more. It is human nature, people willingly agree that we need to pay taxes but when government got too greedy human nature says enough is enough.

The American people can't take much more of this government corruption and half paying for the other half.
I am looking retiring in a year or two. I have planned to work under the radar and I will do so. They have gotten all from me they are going to.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:24 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Lol lily thats what i said about 40 posts ago yesterday. I support a welfare reform that encourages one to work with a councilor or case manager to work on the issues that causes poverty for that individual, if its drug treatment or going to school to learn a trade etc etc. If they don't work with the plan in place then assistance stops. Further to me just cuts in funding doesn't solve anything.
They don't need a councilor or case manager...that is why they had parents.....to teach them.

They need to get off that councilor's chain and go to work.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
freightshaker, democrats are all or nothing kind of people. If you don't believe in it wholeheartedly without reservation you will be accused of wanting people to die. They are incapable of hearing anything else. When they start this BS I pass by, they want you to say that you support becoming a welfare state.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am looking retiring in a year or two. I have planned to work under the radar and I will do so. They have gotten all from me they are going to.
Then me and you have a common goal. When I finally woke up and saw what Obama and Democrats were about I put my plans on overdrive. We saw how much we paid in taxes and said what the hell, why the hell should we bust our asses to pay so damn much, my husband retired, long story why I am staying on. Instead of hiring people to do a big renovation project on my house I decided against it. I am pushing my car as far as possible. Hoarding, i.e... not contributing to the economy. And much more...

Screw it.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
freightshaker, democrats are all or nothing kind of people. If you don't believe in it wholeheartedly without reservation you will be accused of wanting people to die. They are incapable of hearing anything else. When they start this BS I pass by, they want you to say that you support becoming a welfare state.
I know this, but can't resist. I think they need taken to task. They can call me anything they like, I don't really care. I want people to see them for what they are.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Then me and you have a common goal. When I finally woke up and saw what Obama and Democrats were about I put my plans on overdrive. We saw how much we paid in taxes and said what the hell, why the hell should we bust our asses to pay so damn much, my husband retired, long story why I am staying on. Instead of hiring people to do a big renovation project on my house I decided against it. I am pushing my car as far as possible. Hoarding, i.e... not contributing to the economy. And much more...

Screw it.
Amen.... We should compare notes.. lol

Old 04-06-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Amen.... We should compare notes.. lol
lol, yes. There are many more of us than people realize. Enough people stop supporting the other half of the American people it can result in the collapse of the welfare state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies