Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 03:27 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
But its safe to say that corporate welfare cuts business cost which rises the profits that pays more salary to CEOs. Thats kinda my point why are we supporting corporations?
It also increases dividends to stockholders. Stockholders are retired folks on fixed incomes who need the dividend checks in many cases. It also allows for expansion and growth, which provides more jobs, which decreases the burden on government.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:27 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,748,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, are you still talking about corporate welfare even after a couple pages back people told you 50 times they agree.

Yet you are angry at people making millions and billions then support Obama who wanted to raise taxes on people making $200k. Obviously it doesn't matter who you hurt.
Im angry because we all agree to some form of welfare reform to the poor and you guys keep talking about the immoral poor when you should be talking about immoral people being cut from government spending period.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Still there has to be a number as to what is to rich.
Well the example i gave was the top 10% of the rich make more then half the people in the U.S. They are a small minority. And hurts our economy because they only buy so many goods, mostly they keep most of there money.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Im angry because we all agree to some form of welfare reform to the poor and you guys keep talking about the immoral poor when you should be talking about immoral people being cut from government spending period.
The poor are easily hoodwinked into voting against their own interest because they are not financially educated. They also vote against the interest of the middle class. The poor are easily bought with a government check so they are just as bad as big corporations they are just cheaper per vote. Democrats want more poor people dependent on government why? Because they are cheap votes.

AND, people are tired of busting their butts to pay their way too.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Hate lol, no that is liberals who hate. Bush? LOLOL yep and of course let's not forget it's Obama too. Now Obama has made more poor people.
Like i said along time ago the dems and repub are just different sides of the corrupt coin.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're cutting off benefits for illegal immigrants, lottery winners, and dead people.
Whatever man your anger is messing up your logic.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Like i said along time ago the dems and repub are just different sides of the corrupt coin.
Yes so my take is we have a "tax and spend into oblivion in office" and republicans are fighting against it. They are doing their jobs. Can you imagine if Obama got every increase in taxes he wants? We would all be plunged into poverty. When a republican is in office and wants to tax and spend and if Dems fight it I'm all for that too.

Government spends too much and taxes too much yet expects every day hard working Americans to cut back to support them. Democrats are currently using the poor to get more money from the American people and the poor are too dumb to see. Of course they can't. They don't understand money. The poor are also our enemy too, they are just as bought as big government cronies. they also helped to put the current tax and spend loon in office based on an emotion called class warfare.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
The poor are easily hoodwinked into voting against their own interest because they are not financially educated. They also vote against the interest of the middle class. The poor are easily bought with a government check so they are just as bad as big corporations they are just cheaper per vote. Democrats want more poor people dependent on government why? Because they are cheap votes.

AND, people are tired of busting their butts to pay their way too.
So the solution is to cut everybody. I agree with your point on democrats but republicans are just as bad with there blind loyalty to morality and the political leaders of that party use it to get you to support the rich and ignore the interests of the middle class. They get you focused on the guy who buys a lottery ticket while on foodstamps so then you can't see them giving money out of your pocket and giving it to the rich. Both parties suck.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're cutting off benefits for illegal immigrants, lottery winners, and dead people.
Which dead people, the people brought back to life during the election or the people who died.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Yes so my take is we have a "tax and spend into oblivion in office" and republicans are fighting against it. They are doing their jobs. Can you imagine if Obama got every increase in taxes he wants? We would all be plunged into poverty. When a republican is in office and wants to tax and spend and if Dems fight it I'm all for that too.

Government spends too much and taxes too much yet expects every day hard working Americans to cut back to support them. Democrats are currently using the poor to get more money from the American people and the poor are too dumb to see. Of course they can't. They don't understand money. The poor are also our enemy too, they are just as bought as big government cronies. they also helped to put the current tax and spend loon in office based on an emotion called class warfare.
I agree there is to much government spending for the low taxes we are collecting. My theory its because the rich are really not paying there share. I come to this conclusion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.