Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,720 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by T-310
Because eventually, that person will become a burden on society. I would like to see health care laws changed that those who voluntarily screw themselves up pay triple than what those who practice a normal lifestyle pays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Seriously, I find just the opposite. Pot alleviates pain in so many cases whereas the doc wants to prescribe oxy and other narcotics which are highly addictive. And it's been proven a fact. Want to wager who is more a burden on society.
Seems like when the majority of posters shred the topic with sensible responses, the ops and their peeps move on, which is probably a good thing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 08:40 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Seriously, I find just the opposite. Pot alleviates pain in so many cases whereas the doc wants to prescribe oxy and other narcotics which are highly addictive. And it's been proven a fact. Want to wager who is more a burden on society.

the fort hood killer was all pumped up an high powered big pharma anti depressant drugs..

Old 04-03-2014, 08:49 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the fort hood killer was all pumped up an high powered big pharma anti depressant drugs..

You can't compare narcotic drugs with antidepressants. Antidepressants aren't addictive and they don't make someone kill...nor do narcotics though.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
[/b]

You can't compare narcotic drugs with antidepressants. Antidepressants aren't addictive and they don't make someone kill...nor do narcotics though.
Antidepressants can cause increased thoughts of suicide. If the man was suicidal it could cause rash thinking.

I honestly think marijuana is a much safer alternative for most people than prescription alternatives. There are specific strains that have effects that boost mood, thought, libido etc.

4/20 is on Easter Sunday this year Love me some Jesus

Old 04-03-2014, 09:02 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
everything on that list happen to me on booze. that evil booze..
Like I say, I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman, but I sure woke up with a few.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:02 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I have found that people will bend over backwards to defend substance abuse if the drug being abused is marijuana. Alcohol, tobacco, 'harder drugs', prescription drugs: There seems to be plenty of social stigma attached to abusing those drugs (particularly in certain contexts, such as drinking and driving, or cigarette smoking indoors). However, the response to heavy weed use often boils down to "well, alcohol is bad", while ignoring the fact that someone is a abusing a drug.
Have others found this to be true?
If so, what do you think the reason(s) for this is/are?
There is only one defense of drug legalization that is needed. Everything else is gibberish; Government should not tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:05 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Because eventually, that person will become a burden on society. I would like to see health care laws changed that those who voluntarily screw themselves up pay triple than what those who practice a normal lifestyle pays.
Hmmm.. and let's include runners because they have a lot of knee and ankle injuries, They should pay triple.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:05 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Antidepressants can cause increased thoughts of suicide. If the man was suicidal it could cause rash thinking.

I honestly think marijuana is a much safer alternative for most people than prescription alternatives. There are specific strains that have effects that boost mood, thought, libido etc.

4/20 is on Easter Sunday this year Love me some Jesus
A possibility but very unlikely. Antidepressants don't cause someone to commit suicide unless that was already on their mind. And they don't cause someone to go out and harm others. People need to educated themselves more on antidepressants.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:10 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
A possibility but very unlikely. Antidepressants don't cause someone to commit suicide unless that was already on their mind. And they don't cause someone to go out and harm others. People need to educated themselves more on antidepressants.

Many depressed people think about suicide. So it would make since for someone on antidepressants that are causing increased thoughts, to be suicidal.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:11 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
Like I say, I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman, but I sure woke up with a few.
I woke up with a few nightmares on booze.. hey it was a loooong time ago.. when one puts on 80 proof goggles anything can look good..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies