Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you lose your HC?
Yes 13 18.31%
No 54 76.06%
I never had HC 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 07:57 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
And you believe that RAG Prove it....
And here, all this time, you thought you were so self-sufficient that you were affording that great healthcare all on your own, didn't you? Oops! Looks like you've been being subsidized all along. And now, the rest of us who don't have employer-based insurance will be, too. Just like you!

I know, I know, the truth can be painful...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Either your lucky, riding the free government train or just insulting us. I'm here to tell you mine got worse and cost went up......
Before the ACA, I had an employer-paid HMO.

Now I have exactly the same employer-paid HMO.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:22 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Maybe a "Thank You" to those of us that picked up your slack is more appropriate?
No need to thank you, because any extra premiums you're paying right now is to take care of you and you alone! The reason why it may have cost less before is because you were never fully covered under those plans no matter how much you paid, and that's why many policies had to be cancelled for not meeting federal law. You pay more now because you're getting more. With that said Obamacare is not the answer, and it never was, it's just a band aid on a festering would. The system as a whole is still broken in many areas.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:22 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Nope, but I know a number of people who now have health insurance, including myself. Thanks Obama!

Old 03-27-2014, 08:26 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
No need to thank you, because any extra premiums you're paying right now is to take care of you and you alone! The reason why it may have cost less before is because you were never fully covered under those plans no matter how much you paid, and that's why many policies had to be cancelled for not meeting federal law. You pay more now because you're getting more. With that said Obamacare is not the answer, and it never was, it's just a band aid on a festering would. The system as a whole is still broken in many areas.

The difference between my cancelled plan and the bronze level plan is minimal. Some people want catastrophic plans. Those were taken away.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No. Nor do I know anyone who did.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, the 50% is now 5%?
Haven't you heard? 5% is the new 50%!

Our co-pays went up. It's not the first time. Decades ago they were ~$10, now $35, I think. Some things have no copay now, though.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:30 AM

46,288 posts, read 27,099,738 times
It's funny to watch the lefties "high 5" each other, when the entire thought process was that all Amercians will be covered, yet the CBO still has several million uninsured years down the road....

Thanks lefties for basically nothing...

Old 03-27-2014, 08:32 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's funny to watch the lefties "high 5" each other, when the entire thought process was that all amercians will be covered, yet the CBO still has several million uninsured years down the road....

Thanks lefties for basically nothing...
Actually this was never a plan to cover all Americans because the public option was removed from the bill. Had that been included this healthcare plan would have been able to cover all Americans.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:32 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
If you voted Dem and lost it, I have no sympathy. I actually laugh at you. You made this bed and forced it on every American out there. If you didn't lose it, but pay more, I still laugh at you. You deserve it.

Eventually even the sheep will realize what is going on. There is no possible way to ignore it and if they have a semblance of individual thought in their heads, they will understand how they were worked and BSed into voting for a pipe-dream. Those of you who believe in that promise are not worth saving. You can't be changed. Your minds have been made up and no talking to you will convince you otherwise.

Those of you who are facing the realization of either higher premiums, deductibles, co-payments, access to clinics, or treatment......you understand.

I will make it simple. If you voted for Obama or any Democrat, and you complain about any sort of health care shortage, lack of care, or wait times......you have lost all credibility. You are simply a pawn because, hey, we are all about making it equal for everyone right?

Enjoy the lines and wait times. And don't blame your employer for dropping you from coverage. They are there to make a profit. Think about it.....they didn't drop you before this, so why is it suddenly their fault? Guess what.....it's because they can't afford the garbage they were burdened with.

Oh, and PS: I have an extra giggle for those of you who are union members who vote Dem. Surprise!!! You got screwed as well. Sleep well.
You laugh at people who lose their health care coverage??

That's pretty messed up of you. I don't laugh when anyone loses their coverage, even when righties lose it I don't think it's funny, but to each his own.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:36 AM

46,288 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually this was never a plan to cover all Americans because the public option was removed from the bill. Had that been included this healthcare plan would have been able to cover all Americans.
What was the bill sold on and lets not forget what was said.......

"My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is that the amount of money you will spend on premiums will be less," Obama said. "If you are one of 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will after this plan becomes law."

Signed obama....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies