Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:05 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Every year, plenty of gay kids are kicked out of the house by their christian parents. Of course christians love to deny this. You guys have the moral high grounds, after all.

Edit.

The topic of this thread is taking christian bigots off the list of foster parents. Seems fine to me. Again, christians can suck it.
Do you have some evidence to support your claim?

Why shouldn't Christians be allowed to be foster parents? They can provide a better, more stable environment than a home with no moral code, and no rules.

You really are an angry person, aren't you.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Why does it matter if he is gay or not? And no, I don't need to prove anything to you. Christians are doing a pretty good job already of proving that you guys are a bunch of bigots.
Your anti-Christian rant is not bigotry?

Old 03-27-2014, 06:08 AM

150 posts, read 183,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post

Why shouldn't Christians be allowed to be foster parents? They can provide a better, more stable environment than a home with no moral code, and no rules.

Not every religious household is moral, stable and have rules.

Religious doesn't mean moral. Especially in today's world.

Many non religious people have a moral code and are stable.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
What ad hom? The issue is taking christian bigots off the foster parents list. Sounds good to me.

The most important thing about taking care of kids is their well being, not some barbaric ideology. If christians can't put their bigotry aside, then step aside to let other foster parents take care of the kids.

And FYI, rosie hair is the name of my pet spider. Has nothing to do with my gender.
You think Christianity is a "barbaric ideology?' What makes Christianity 'bigotry,' in your view?

Is your last statement an admission that you are male, and a homosexual?

Old 03-27-2014, 06:15 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Down is up, dark is light, wrong is right. You are really mixed up.
This is the 21st century, not 200 BC.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:15 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:

Christians absolutely should be foster parents. They should not, however, share their religion with their foster child - including the beliefs of some Christians regarding homosexuality.

I plan on fostering. My foster kids will not be raised Jewish. Sure, I will include them in celebrations and teach them about my faith, but I will have NO expectation that they will follow it. To do so would be an abuse of power.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
This is the 21st century, not 200 BC.
OHhhhhhh! Because it's the 21st Century, anything and everything goes! Got it! Who needs morals anymore? Do what you wish.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:31 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
OHhhhhhh! Because it's the 21st Century, anything and everything goes! Got it! Who needs morals anymore? Do what you wish.
Here's the problem with morals: They're not universal. I consider people who teach that homosexuality is wrong to be highly immoral. You, clearly, do not - why don't you need morals? See how that works?

Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:

You are free to order your life as you see fit, based on any criteria you want to adhere to.

But as long as you live in a free society with other grown adults making choices for themselves, you're going to have to learn to do you and let others do them.

This is not a hard concept.

By the way: Things are a LOT better now than they were through most of history when the church was in charge. And one only has to look at how dynamic and successful societies are today that intertwine too much religion into their society. When was the last time YOU heard the headline, "Saudi Arabian scientists discover...."?

Old 03-27-2014, 06:51 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,250,687 times
cite please?

Quote:
Every year, plenty of gay kids are kicked out of the house by their christian parents. Of course christians love to deny this. You guys have the moral high grounds, after all.

Edit.

The topic of this thread is taking christian bigots off the list of foster parents. Seems fine to me. Again, christians can suck it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies