Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,372,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Republican war mongering during the Bush wars got us nowhere, if you are itching for a war, enlist.
The chicken hawks love to scream for war, but when the call comes, they're "too busy" to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 01:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,972,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, please. If the president was in favor of the kind of intervention you are talking about, you and all the other right wingers here would be screeching about THAT. Just admit it, whatever course Obama proposes you will be arguing for the opposite. At least you guys are consistent.
I havent criticized the President ONCE in regards to the issue. I'm criticizing those who now think its ok to have big countries just take over smaller ones..

Old 03-27-2014, 02:06 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,846,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I havent criticized the President ONCE in regards to the issue. I'm criticizing those who now think its ok to have big countries just take over smaller ones..
The subject of the thread is a complaint that Obama is doing nothing to intervene. You are complaining that the U.S. is doing nothing to intervene. I'll leave it to everyone else to connect the dots...

Old 03-27-2014, 02:07 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,200,283 times
Quote:
You itching for a war, enlist and pick up a rifle.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:11 PM

2,812 posts, read 5,611,454 times
Quote:
Well here's the deal- we officially stand behind people who want to break away and become independent, becoming their own nation. That is our official stance, support the will of the people. The will of the people of Crimea has always been to be with Russia, they clearly showed that recently. So why would we step in and force them back to Ukraine when that is not what they want? Isn't that going AGAINST the will of the people?

Now it's true that Russia far overstepped its bounds in rolling in there before the people of Crimea would have asked them to, but that still doesn't change the actual will of those people. So it's another reason we need to stay out of it, this is not our concern. The true story anyway is that the US and other western countries fueled and funded the riots and eventual coup that happened kicking the pro-Russian leader out of Ukraine. A new western-leaning leader was put in place of him and Russia, seeing exactly what was happening, stepped in and did what they did to counter what we and our allies were doing there. So what we were doing sort of blew up in our faces, Russia won this little battle and now we scream about how bad they are, how they are meddling in another nation when they shouldn't be. PLEASE- we just need to shut up and learn to stop playing these games around the globe.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:19 PM

12,919 posts, read 13,606,000 times
That Obama sure is frugal with American soldier’s lives. There are over thirty languages being spoken in Ukraine. They have probably been fighting for many years. How many Americans should Obama commit to die, 500, 1000 in a region we have no interest in? Our interest is Putin and keeping a key ally in the global fight on terrorism.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The subject of the thread is a complaint that Obama is doing nothing to intervene. You are complaining that the U.S. is doing nothing to intervene. I'll leave it to everyone else to connect the dots...
You also posted on this thread, so I guess I can connect the dots and say that YOU are complaining that we arent doing anything to intervene..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You itching for a war, enlist and pick up a rifle.
And you have to continue to LIE about what others want. Arent you embarassed?

Show me where I've said anything to suggest that? Unlike you, I dont sit here and pretend to know what the right thing to do here, which is why I HAVENT CRITICIZED OBAMA on the topic..

I'm just pointing out the left wing hypocrits who I know dam well would be jumping up and down and defending Obama for sending in troops if thats what he decided, just like you guys did in regards to Afghanistan and other locations.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
That Obama sure is frugal with American soldier'ss lives. There are over thirty languages being spoken in Urkainia. They have probally been fighting for many years. How many Americans should Obama commit to die,500,1000 in a region we have no interest in.Our interest is Putin and keeping a key ally in the global fight on terroism
Some might argue that attacking another nation unprovoked is the ultimate act of terrorism. Obama himself suggested that nations should not take such actions when he was running for President..

Now its ok..

Old 03-27-2014, 02:23 PM

40,934 posts, read 49,009,997 times
Obama is such a screw up it's best if he does nothing. I agree on this one, stay out of it.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:27 PM

12,919 posts, read 13,606,000 times
Quote:
Some might argue that attacking another nation unprovoked is the ultimate act of terrorism. Obama himself suggested that nations should not take such actions when he was running for President..

Now its ok..
Are you aware of how many wars are going on today in the world? We can throw a dart at the board and send Americans to die so some politician can keep a military supplier happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies